Brief history and another hay problem

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmandaBILM

Reaction score
I have had Benjamin for about 4 months after a roommate, who was fairly neglectful, left him behind. I have fallen in love with him. I have done a ton of online research to make sure I'm giving him a proper diet, exercise, etc. I had him neutered about a month ago to help mitigate a spraying situation, which he's pretty much stopped, though he still sprays my bed on rare occasions. I do the necessary immediate wash of everything including the waterproof protector. I think he may no only be continuing the behavior on rare instances when he's annoyed with me...but that is just a guess. Anyway, I've cut out pellets entirely, I have tried various Oxbow brands of Timothy hay and now orchard grass, but he is still pretty much avoiding hay in favor of leafy greens. I'm trying to cut back the veg and give him ample access to fresh hay...I end up throwing a lot away as it loses freshness. He is healthy, young, and has no dental issues. Should I just suspend the cilatro/radish tops/lettuces and leave him only with hay? I'm at a loss, please help.

From what I have experienced with my rabbit is they should always have some sort of hay in their litter box! This may help him Start to like hay as rabbits tend to nibble as they go potty ! I would keep putting the hay in his cage as well, if there is a local feed store I would prefer getting the hay from there as opposed to any pet store ( petco). That’s where you’ll find the freshest type of Hay ! And keep giving him lots of leafy greens and SOME fresh veggies ( more so as treats for the veggies ) hope this helps !!!

Latest posts

Back