Bricer has his Own Page

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel so sorry for you and your baby, jrc.

I will definitely be praying for you. Gabby knows what she's talking about in this area. She's amazing at what she's brought her rabbits back from.

You'll both be in my thoughts and prayers.

-Carolyn

Stephanie wrote:
OMG! I didn't know that was you, Gabby! I read that story awhile ago and it made me cry. I've actually thought about it, and you,frequently since reading it, thinking about what a good person you are and how lucky that rabbit is. I must be an idiot to not connect it to you on this forum.
I remember rabbit's stories far better than I remember who the person was that goes with them is. Brice as well as myself are both very touched by the sentiment. I think i should prob do some update pictures soon though...

jrc3320 wrote:
thanks for the advice.Harvey'shead is at a 90 degree angle.normally doesn't like to be held, he's a femish giant and is big. But he isn't really fighting me I guess he is just confused about which way is up. I have removed anything he can poke himself with from his cage and have been using my playpack so he won't bump into anything when he is rolling. You mentioned an ointment for his eye, where can I get it at?

I am glad to know ahead of time that he will get worse before he gets better. This way I won't give up hope. he does seem to want to fight it, he will get up and move around in the playpack. so that does give me hope

thanks again for the advice.
How are you and Harvey doing?

roberts_rabbits_2008 wrote:
Very Inspiring story. I'm glad that he is much better now. I didn't think he was going to make it and it was going to be a sad ending but thanks to your efforts it was a happy ending.

Robert
he has one very happy mummy here who is glad he is doing so well and sparing any sudden freak incident, he should be seeing our new house when we move of which he will be able to enjoy a "made just for rabbits playroom"..... When the time draws nearer i'm gonna be popping out ideas for design.. but first we must move, second get their housing areas ready and thirdly building the play room .. woohooo...

Hi

Harvey has had a couple of rough days. He rarely gets up on all 4s and if he moves at all he just does a series of rolls sometimes up to 6 in a row. his appetite is still good though he mainly eats greens and hay. i just feel really bad for him.

hope today will be better

janet

jrc3320 wrote:
Hi

Harvey has had a couple of rough days. He rarely gets up on all 4s and if he moves at all he just does a series of rolls sometimes up to 6 in a row. his appetite is still good though he mainly eats greens and hay. i just feel really bad for him.

hope today will be better

janet
it is hard to watch, brice would lay down constant because he had his best balance that way. it lasted for about 3 weeks that he would just keep rolling, he couldn't move without falling over. I did get him to not freak out and keep rolling, because they panic and try to right themselves and can't so they keep rolling and rolling. This is the time that the down facing eye takes the most abuse from constant hitting the floor as they roll. I'm sure anything you can do to help him relax so he doesn't freak out as much when he starts to flip will help him regain control of his rolling faster. And it is great he still has his appetite,fingers crossed he doesn't loose it with the extra rolling.

Be sure to keep a close eye on his weight though, because a change in what he has been eating normally can mean he may not be eating enough to keep his weight up. And while alfalfa is generally too rich for adults, in this case when they are eating mostly hay and some fresh veggies it does help keep them maintained having gone off some of their other foods. And if he does start to go off his food, it doesn't necessarily mean he is giving up, butquite oftenthey feel to dizzy to eat.Just remember we are here for you and Harvey. Best wishes and sending Harvey some healing vibes..

Just a quick update to all of you who gave me support and prayed for us. Harvey is doing great.:D

Things got a little crazy right after my last post and to tell you the truth we had decided to give him a couple of more days or we would had put him out of his misery. Then by the grace of God he started to show signs that he was coming out of it. I didn't give him anymore medicine just lots of loving. His appetite slowly improved, though he still is drink very much water. I had started to feed him alfalfa, cilantro, bits of bananas and apples. (what was cool was i had read some clinical study and that's exactly what they were feeding the rabbits) about 5 day ago I noticed his head wasn't as crooked and everyday since its a little straight. Right now he barely has a tilt. This is the best Christmas present our family could get.

Harvey owes it to God and to all of you who encouraged me.You guys kept me strong and hopeful with all of your advice and prayers.

Have a Happy Jolly Christmas everyone!!!

jrc

I am so very pleased to hear of Harvey' s progress, and Brice is pleased he could offer help and inspiration.This is good news indeed. I have the utmost of high hopes for you and Harvey. Please keep us posted. And happy holidays to you and yours, may the new year bring much, love, joy, hope and HEALTH into your lives.

*Bump*

Gabby,

A new member sure could use your help or any support you have to offer when you have the time.

Thank you.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
*Bump*

Gabby,

A new member sure could use your help or any support you have to offer when you have the time.

Thank you.

-Carolyn
i tried skimming the messages but not sure where it is, but just so anyone knows I can be contacted by PM on this board or by Email at [email protected] i'll be happy to help with whatever I can

Oh man, such a sad story...but it has a wonderful ending! What a fighter. Give Brice a kiss for me, and a lil bunny hello for Calvin and Jordan. I wish the you and Brice the best of luck!!

Brice has been 1 year without meds now and he is doing good, he freaked out with our move, we just sold our old house and bought a bigger house, but other than that he is great, settling into the new house well... and he thanks you for the kisses

Oh, Gabby, it must have been a hard thing to go through. That site was moving, beautiful, inspirational and full of love and devotion. I feel for anyone who has to go through such a thing! Bun or mommy/daddy.
Ellie

Latest posts

Back