Bricer has his Own Page

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabby

Reaction score
http://hometown.aol.com/savagerabbit/Brice.html

Here is Brice's Page it tells some of his story, from my side at least. A page in his history.

I hope you will read it and tell me what you think, are there areas that seem unclear? Questions? Comments? I would like to be sure it is very clear to read and as easy as can be to follow, while also trying to stress time love and care that went into his weeks of treatment. Thanks a bunch

gabby

Gabby, this is a wonderful, happy-ending story, and gives hope to anyone unlucky enough to enough to have a bunny with head tilt. You really stuck to it, despite the fact that it must have been depressing for you sometimes. Well done, and hugs to Brice - Jan

gjsara

thanks I'm very glad too :)

Meganc731

I amhoping to inspire those who end up with it that while they may feel like it will never get better there is hope, and here is one of those rabbits who has made it.

Buck Jones
Thank you so much my fav editor ;-) Although I do have something the average person does not, and that is access to my Fav vets 24/7, not to mention if for any reason i needed to I could take Brice to work with me, Saturdays I knew I never got a break plus he has evaluations on Saturdays so he always went to work with me.if anything went a miss he was in the perfect place to help him. (my old job if one my critters was sick I called into work sick so they could go to the vet :p)

LuvaBun

I know there were days I would come home and I always prepared myself for the worst before i checked on him, then when He was looking good it made it that much sweeter, and more rewarding.I think I should add Brice's age though so people know that a middle age bunny pulled through and it wasn't that he had youth on his side.

panacrent

thank you, Brice is glad to be here :)

Brice is truly a Legend in his Own Time.

God Bless You both. Thank you for the hope you give us all.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Brice is truly a Legend in his Own Time.

God Bless You both. Thank you for the hope you give us all.

-Carolyn
brice was a legend in his own mind long before he was in his own time LOL But mummy loves him to pieces. And my goal for creating his page is that he gives someone else hope in the that moment of despair when they realize their rabbit has this dreaded illness. I plan to at some point get a pic of him sleeping it is a very strange thing to see but every time i go to get the camera he hops up and looks at me like hi there what ya want???

I am thinking maybe creating a page on Crescent's tumor as well after doing more research, but I got lots more to read still on that, finding lots of info. BTW he is healing nicely but he hasscabs on the back his ear from attempting to dig his stitches.

Oh, wow, Gabby. This is an awesome story! You are such a treasure.

Many blessings to both you and Brice.

I just read your story on Brice. I am glad you took the time to share it. Tuesday I found my rabbit in his cage with his head tilted. The vet said its an ear infection and he is on antibiotics. You said you massage you rabbit. Is there any specific method? Anything you can share will be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

jrc3320 wrote:
I just read your story on Brice. I am glad you took the time to share it. Tuesday I found my rabbit in his cage with his head tilted. The vet said its an ear infection and he is on antibiotics. You said you massage your rabbit. Is there any specific method? Anything you can share will be greatly appreciated?

Thanks
One thing is it generally gets worse before it gets better. How bad is his head tilted? Does he allow you to hold him on his back? Did he allow you to do that before his tilt? Brice was great about being on his back before the tilt, and when I first tried to hold him on his back when he developed the tilt he panicked at first, feeling very disoriented. But once I had him feeling secure, he has enjoyed being held that way better than being held upright.

One thing to remember is not to force anything, you don't want to break the neck, when i rubbed the neck I did with my thumb and forefinger you can feel where it is ; I concentrated on those points, and I would gently lean his head in the opposite direction of the tilt, once he showed signs of relaxing. you will feel a slight pulling, but if he is not receptive to it STOP you don't want to hurt him, you can slowly build up.

Confining the living space like in a pet taxi or very small cage, this will help prevent him from hurting himself.if he is falling and rolling, you can place soft things around him such as rolled towels, and keep a close watch on the eye that is going to be facing down to the floor it often get irritated and you may need a little ointment to put in his eyes to help sooth it and take away irritation. Please be sure he has flooring he can get a good grip on, such as a rug that wont budge. depending on what you have for food and water, I bought 2 small dishes for brice, and I lowered his water bottle down to nearly the ground, the small dishes he could get his head into because he didn't have to raise it as high. soft poop is pretty much to be expected, and cleaning often is a must, as they tend to get pee and poop on themselves when they are at their worst. I hope this has helped, if you have any other questions or would just like to talk, you can post here or click on my name and send me a private message. My best to your bun and you

thanks for the advice.Harvey'shead is at a 90 degree angle.normally doesn't like to be held, he's a flemish giant and is big. But he isn't really fighting me I guess he is just confused about which way is up. I have removed anything he can poke himself with from his cage and have been using my play pack so he won't bump into anything when he is rolling. You mentioned an ointment for his eye, where can I get it at?

I am glad to know ahead of time that he will get worse before he gets better. This way I won't give up hope. he does seem to want to fight it, he will get up and move around in the playpack. so that does give me hope

thanks again for the advice.

jrc3320 wrote:
thanks for the advice.Harvey'shead is at a 90 degree angle.normally doesn't like to be held, he's a flemish giant and is big. But he isn't really fighting me I guess he is just confused about which way is up. I have removed anything he can poke himself with from his cage and have been using my playpack so he won't bump into anything when he is rolling. You mentioned an ointment for his eye, where can Iget it at?

I am glad to know ahead of time that he will get worse before he gets better. This way I won't give up hope. he does seem to want to fight it, he will get up and move around in the playpack. so that does give me hope

thanks again for the advice.
big guy, i have heard large rabbits are not as affected by it or get it as often as smaller rabbits, not sure if that is true. I am not sure if they sell an ointment in the store for that or not, I got mine from the vet office. It can take weeks for improvement, hopefully he will be a fast healer. Being a flemish maybe you can figure out how to do a massage on the floor with him, I hadn't thought to ask you the size of the bun. Once he does start to show signs of improvement, letting him exercise and learn how to move again is very important, they tend to need to relearn how to move again after a bout with this. It can be very hard to watch, but as long as he wants to fight for it, keep going. Brice has never been a quitter, and there were times I thought he would not make it or was never going to improve, but he pushed on and while i had to help him eat and do extra things for him, it can get a bit depressing at times, so if you start to second guess yourself or think it will never get better, I think that's perfectly normal, at least for me it was, and from what I have read from others who went through it, it seems perfectly normal. I think he knows you are trying to help him. our thoughts are with you and Harvey

What an inspiring story. I remember hearing you mention he had head tilt, but never knew the full story. I just wanted to cry, from sorrow at first, then from happiness. What a brave and strong bun to fight back so hard,and such an understanding and loving support system he has in place.

Good luck Brice! And kudos to you Gabby

bunsforlife wrote:
What an inspiring story. I remember hearing you mention he had head tilt, but never knew the full story. I just wanted to cry, from sorrow at first, then from happiness. What a brave and strong bun to fight back so hard,and such an understanding and loving support system he has in place.

Good luck Brice! And kudos to you Gabby
Thanks *sniff* brings tears to the eyes. He is doing very good now, he will forever have a bit of a tilt, but other than that he runs around like nothing is wrong with him. He turned 5 in June So hopefully he'll have many more years ahead of him...

OMG! I didn't know that was you, Gabby! I read that story a while ago and it made me cry. I've actually thought about it, and you, frequently since reading it, thinking about what a good person you are and how lucky that rabbit is. I must be an idiot to not connect it to you on this forum.

Latest posts

Back