Breeding tips

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how much you know but never put the buck in the does cage as she can be way too territorial and hurt him. always put the doe into the bucks cage. when breeding you should see if he 'falls off' and let him do that 2-3 times and breeding should be successful. if she's not to interested in him you can always move her around the cage and see if she lets him breed, some people leave them together for 30 mins some 3 hours its all personal choice. make sure to monitor them regularly to stop possible fights :)

I have a girl lionhead rabbit who turns 3 months today, and a male lionhead rabbit that is 4-5 months old. I need to know when she is able to get pregnant so that I can make sure that I get her spayed before she can get pregnant. According to google, that’s around 5-6 months old but I’m not sure that’s 100% true. Anyone know for sure?

I have a girl lionhead rabbit who turns 3 months today, and a male lionhead rabbit that is 4-5 months old. I need to know when she is able to get pregnant so that I can make sure that I get her spayed before she can get pregnant. According to google, that’s around 5-6 months old but I’m not sure that’s 100% true. Anyone know for sure?

She can already get pregnant, from 10 weeks and up they should be separated. But you can first spay them around 5-6 months old.

This is because bunnies mature differently some will be sexually mature around 10 weeks and others will be later. So it’s always better to be on the safe side, than having a surprise litter suddenly.

Latest posts

Back