Breeding questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunzy

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a magpie holland lop doe that I’ve been breeding to a chinchilla, I found someone is selling a magpie male very good type. Should I buy him to breed both magpies together? If I did breed them what kind of babies would they have?

I would depend a lot on their different hidden genes, but you’d probably get quite a few magpies.

A black magpie’s genotype is:
A_ B_ c(chd)_ D_ e(j)_

So the e(j) and c(chd) are the ones that you’d probably want to study the most if you want to understand the genetics behind the the magpie color better.
Here are some good links:
c(chd)
e(j)

I’m definitely not the best with genetics on here so someone else might be able to tell you more.

I would depend a lot on their different hidden genes, but you’d probably get quite a few magpies.

A black magpie’s genotype is:
A_ B_ c(chd)_ D_ e(j)_

So the e(j) and c(chd) are the ones that you’d probably want to study the most if you want to understand the genetics behind the the magpie color better.
Here are some good links:
c(chd)
e(j)

I’m definitely not the best with genetics on here so someone else might be able to tell you more.
Thanks so much for the reply I appreciate it!

Latest posts

Back