Breeding question- jersey wooly x mini lop result?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliwoolies

Reaction score
hi so i have a jersey wooly buck and my friend has a mini lop doe. i have only ever bred jersey to jersey; never crossed breeds. he is wanting to breed his mini lop to my jersey and says that in theory it will come out as an american fuzzy lop and i’m a little iffy on trying. i know that french angoras and holland lips make american fuzzies but idk about this combo. i don’t want to make any non showable babies that won’t all end up with homes. any advice? is he right that it will come out as an american fuzzy?

He's entirely wrong. Longhair is a recessive gene. The rabbits would come out just looking like generic rabbits, not fitting into any specific gene. Crossing angoras and fuzzies doesnt make american fuzzy lops either. The only thing that people cross into american fuzzy lops to get more american fuzzy lops are longhaired holland lops, crossed into fuzzy lops.

He's entirely wrong. Longhair is a recessive gene. The rabbits would come out just looking like generic rabbits, not fitting into any specific gene. Crossing angoras and fuzzies doesnt make american fuzzy lops either. The only thing that people cross into american fuzzy lops to get more american fuzzy lops are longhaired holland lops, crossed into fuzzy lops.
thank you! definitely won’t be trying that then

Latest posts

Back