Breeding Problem

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reemy

Reaction score
Hi, I have my two Angora rabbits Norman and Kiko and they are about 5-6 months. Two days ago I saw Norman try to mate Kiko but she kepf refusing and running away. I thought maybe she will agree eventually, but she still doesnt stay put. She keeps running away from him every timw he tried.
I have checked her vulva and it is still pale pink even though it has been 3 days now.

Im not sure what the problem is. Is it because our country is too hot or does she not want him. I dont know and I hope its not the latter cause I really cant give up anyone of them just for Breeding.

I hope someon can help me.

Attachments

• 3633A3C0-ECD9-4BD1-BD1D-36B25B9F1FEA.jpeg
    3633A3C0-ECD9-4BD1-BD1D-36B25B9F1FEA.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 13
Your female sounds like she isn’t ready. It might be best to not house them together 24/7 and separate them. Wait at least a few days after they are separated and then try again?

My preference would be wait until your doe is at least 7-8 months of age but it’s not necessary. Larger breeds take longer to mature and it might be better to wait longer. She will be more physically and mentally mature. I noticed does tend to not do well with their first litter the younger they were so make sure you have a foster mom in case things don’t work out. If you don’t have a foster then be prepared mentally in case the little ones don’t make it. Breeding bunnies can be a joy but also a sad thing

Last edited:
Aha I see. Thank you so much for your help I hope what you said is correct. I will seperate them and see what happens. I hope it works I love them so much and I really reallg want to see their babies.

Latest posts

Back