Breeders: Do you do anything ....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
I just got done handing out newspaper to the rabbitry bunnies and get to listen to them happily shredding it. Believe it or not - I LOVE that sound....because I know it means that they're having fun. Some will try to steal the paper from the cage beside them and shred part of it first...and then do their own. But I try to make sure that everybun gets to keep their own paper if possible....unless they're just trying to tempt someone in the cage beside them.

I also love to give out toilet paper rolls (empty) and several rabbits have hanging toys w/ wooden beads, etc. Others have some baby toys (chain links).

Peg

On occasion I'll give them some newspaper to shred and toss around. I've also tossed in empty water bottles and empty soda cans.... I had one buck who loved "stomping" on the empty soda can to hear the sound against the wire cage. He was a hoot!

SunnieBunnie Rabbitry wrote:
On occasion I'll give them some newspaper to shred and toss around. I've also tossed in empty water bottles and empty soda cans.... I had one buck who loved "stomping" on the empty soda can to hear the sound against the wire cage. He was a hoot!
Really? They didn't hurt themselves? What about the tabby thing - did you remove it first so they didn't chew on it?

I may try that...

Peg

TinysMom wrote:
Really? They didn't hurt themselves? What about the tabby thing - did you remove it first so they didn't chew on it?

I may try that...

Peg
The thing about the soda cans is that it's difficult for the rabbits to get at the right angle to actually bite it... everytime they try, it just rolls away and will make noise against the metal cage. I take the tab off and if they ever did find a way to get a bite on it... it would get taken away.

You can alsoput a couple ofpinto beans or pellets inside the can so it would rattle when it rolled.

You can alsoput a couple ofpinto beans or pellets inside the can so it would rattle when it rolled.

Oh - I HAVE to do this with Roary.....he loves to thump in the middle of the night - for quite a while at a time. Since my rabbitry is in the house - he used to get the dog barking...and Tiny would start running all around and jump on us during the night as he got scared.

But I can't give it to Roary at night - I'll have to do it during the day!

Peg

im not a breeder, but for peapoo i tied some keys from the roof of her hut so that they almost touch the ground but still swing around, and thats her favorite thing in the world to play with

i also stuffed some empty toilet paper rolls with hay and tied that from the roof of her cage..she likes that one to

Latest posts

Back