Breed Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petkeeper

Reaction score
Hi guys, we have a classified paper I buy around here and well someone has Norwegian bunnies for sale...and call me ignorant but I have never heard of this breed does anyone have any information on them and maybe some pictures? I won't be getting another bunny for awhile...but I was just wondering about this breed. I have done some internet searching without much luck.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Shannon

Maybe they mean Netherland? You'd probably have to call them and ask for a description. My dwarf hotots were called "kotots" by their last owner. Lots of people just don't know the breeds.

Yeah, there is such thing as a Norwegian dwarf rabbit. But like lionheads, I don't think they are an official breed for showing. In our 4-H fair last year, they were nice and told a kid that he could show his lionhead as long as it didn't go to state or win any big awards. So if you want this Norwegian, I don't think you'll be able to show it, but if you're looking for one as a pet, all the info I can give you is that it's kind of like a Netherland Dwarf.

Akkatia wrote:
But like lionheads, I don't think they are an official breed for showing.
I don't know about 4-H BUT the lionheads passed their first presentation before ARBA this year (passed for the first time that is) - at least the torts did. Therefore, at least torts have to be allowed at all ARBA shows....and many of them allow all of the colors on the certficates of development.

Peg

Latest posts

Back