Breed name

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nadeem

Reaction score
Anyone know what breed are they

Attachments

• received_1057463057967534.jpeg
    received_1057463057967534.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 23
  • received_849072875542504.jpeg
    received_849072875542504.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 22
The fluffy one looks like a Lionhead/Himalayan, and the other one looks like a New Zealand. How much do they weigh?

Ok the fulffy one was said bt the owner that it is a cross bree between a lionhead and angora and the white one a lionhead

The white one doesn't look like a Lionhead, but I would have to know the fur type to be sure. Was the owner positive of their breeds? The first one looks like a Double-Maned Lionhead because of the fluff, and a Himalayan because of the markings on its face.

I know they are cross breed both of us as in mauritius its rare to find a pure breed or it can be very very expensive.the white got fur around 2 inch in lengh very cotton type when you pet her.and soft

Here is a closer look

Attachments

• IMG-20200131-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20200131-WA0004.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 4
The color of the first one is Smoke Pearl - unrelated to the himalayan gene (whenever the himalayan gene causes darker point colors, the rabbits ALWAYS have red eyes. This one has dark eyes, therefore there is some other gene, not the himalayan gene, responsible for the dark points, in this case it's the shaded gene, which makes smoke pearl.) Lionhead x angora certainly sounds reasonable for the first one; it looks longhaired on the whole body, which isn't a lionhead trait so it's probably at least a couple generations out from a pure lionhead if it has a lionhead ancestor. I could also see it being just an angora cross, I don't see any lionhead traits in it but traits disappear really quickly in rabbits when crossbreeding.

The second one is not a lionhead. I can't say what it is, and without a pedigree you won't be able to narrow it down more than just 'mixed breed'. It could potentially be a new zealand white or cross of new zealand white, but we can't know for sure - there's a lot of rabbit crosses that can make a rabbit that looks like that.

The color of the first one is Smoke Pearl - unrelated to the himalayan gene (whenever the himalayan gene causes darker point colors, the rabbits ALWAYS have red eyes. This one has dark eyes, therefore there is some other gene, not the himalayan gene, responsible for the dark points, in this case it's the shaded gene, which makes smoke pearl.) Lionhead x angora certainly sounds reasonable for the first one; it looks longhaired on the whole body, which isn't a lionhead trait so it's probably at least a couple generations out from a pure lionhead if it has a lionhead ancestor. I could also see it being just an angora cross, I don't see any lionhead traits in it but traits disappear really quickly in rabbits when crossbreeding.

The second one is not a lionhead. I can't say what it is, and without a pedigree you won't be able to narrow it down more than just 'mixed breed'. It could potentially be a new zealand white or cross of new zealand white, but we can't know for sure - there's a lot of rabbit crosses that can make a rabbit that looks like that.
Thanks for your help really appreciate
Many thanks

Latest posts

Back