Breed ID

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Augustus&HazelGrace

Reaction score
I just had a conversation on Facebook about what breed this rabbit is. I said it was a pure Netherland Dwarf rabbit. The owner was like well my vet said it was an English spot and Netherland Dwarf mix. And that what confirmed it was “the line going down his back”. I said any rabbit that has a broken color can have the line down their back. Then I proceeded to show her a picture of a show quality Netherland Dwarf and said that I’m not disrespecting your vet but a lot of people think that “ oh well it has the line down the back and has spots it MUST be part English spot” I told her I was just trying to educate people that this is not always the case. She just said Ok. But my Netherland dwarf owners/breeders/Judges. Would you agree with my ID?

Attachments

• 03C7FE7B-9416-44A9-8E14-FED1BA2FC785.png
    03C7FE7B-9416-44A9-8E14-FED1BA2FC785.png
    975.1 KB · Views: 8
Those are tiny lil ears, I would surprised if it weren't a pure netherland dwarf (or maybe a polish or something to that effect). Absolutely not an english spot cross; most broken rabbits get a stripe along the back, doesn't mean anything about their breed mix; and this rabbits is much too compact and cobby to be an english spot cross.

With those ears I’d say ND. I’ve seen a few Polish bucks with that shape head but none with ears that short. Since Polish were developed using NDs you sometimes get a Polish with an ND type of head, but too me this looks like a Netherland Dwarf...definitely no English Spot.

Latest posts

Back