Breed anyone?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmkms24

Reaction score
I have been trying to find out what breed my bunny is. I do not have a rabbit vet very close to me and in his first checkup since I am a first time owner I didnt think to ask what breed he was. The vet is over an hour away and Ive been trying to look at pictures and descriptions of mini lops and french lops. I am sure he is not an english lop or a furry lop because hes not that furry and his ears arent that large. I was wondering if anyone knew the difference between mini lop and french lop. All I can find is that the minis are small and the french get very large. Thank you in advance for any info.

Hi! :wave2

I'm moving your thread to the Rabbitry, where we talk about breeds, showing, and breeding. Some of our breeders read threads there first.

My guess is Holland Lop if he's that young and that small. Holland lops are the smallest lops and tend to have rounder faces. Mini lops are around 5 pounds, and Frenchies I think are 10 or more when they are full grown. Can you post some pictures?

Can you weigh your rabbit? Going from what you said about your rabbit being a few months old and weighing less than a pound, your rabbit would be a Holland Lop. Mini Lops average 6 pounds and French Lops are bigger than that!

Sharon

How fast do rabbits get big. We have had him for three weeks and the pet store had him for at least another 2. If he is from one of the larger breeds, would he be a few pounds by now? I didnt realize that rabbits could grow so fast. So much learning to do.

Latest posts

Back