Breakout Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueCamasRabbitry

Reaction score
So last evening, me and my sister had to do some cage switches in order to put Kailua back in her old cage because she was obviously having problems with the other one... so we put Jude & Solo (my 8 week olds) in a bottom cage. There is about a 2 inch gap in the wire where a feeder would go, and we didn't think that they would escape if we put a toy in there to block it up.... Boy were we wrong!

I walked into the rabbitry this morning to feed, and here comes a little bunny zipping around the corner, dancing as he moves... He's so excited!!:biggrin: Look what I did, Emi! I knew immediately that it was Jude - didn't even have to look at his ear. I look at their cage - no Sissy... and then here she comes around the corner, prancing after her brother.

The ground is a complete mess - the fresh picked grass that we are drying, there are stalks of it lying all over the floor. There's some wet spots, poohs everywhere... The toy no where to be seen.

As I take in the scene around me, I see another blur of white, and a larger bunny comes bounding towards me, too!!:shock: I immediately think, Oh no! It's one of the boys...but Ray's in his cage, and he's the only buck I have on the bottom cages.

I peek around the corner to see Chancey's door OPEN. Mind you, the latches on these cages are quite tricky, I mean they either latch over or under, but you still have to push/pull pretty good to latch/unlatch it. Chancey is Jude & Solo's (and Glory's and Nameless's) mamma...so there's pretty good understanding why she got out - she wasn't gonna let her troublemakers have ALL the fun. :p :rollseyes

So the bunnies are happily pawing at my feet, sniffing me, and I don't really know where to start... but I know that I should probably get them back in their cages, so I do, after little effort.

I feed and water everybun, and as I am turning around from attaching Magic's bottle, I see Jude... halfway out the same hole, and he escapes right in front of me!! I caught him before he could ponder off too far.

Needless to say..I'm shocked at Chancey's breakout skills... I'm hoping that the feast I put into Jude & Solo's cage will tide them over and they won't think about escaping...but that thought is too good to be true. :p

So, that's my wonderful story of the morning! :p

Emily

Haha that's funny....i can just picture the babies escaping and then going over to helpmummy bun out of her cage and then just having a great bunny time all night lol..

x3 Reminds me of the time I got woken up by my dad at 5 am to catch a bun who broke his petsmart cage and was running around the backyard. Thank god it's all fenced in.

>.>; It rained all night too... And he wasn't smart enough to come back to the hutches when it got cold. Silly calla.

Latest posts

Back