Breaking the toilet seat?????

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
I have to ask...

My husband and I have gone through about three toilet seats in the three years we've been together.

So, I have to ask...do you guys break your toilet seats thismuch? I mean, one of the little arms that hold it to thetoilet breaks. Is this that common?

We're not terribly heavy people...we each weigh approx 200lbs. So, I really don't get it!

Are we just weird?

Hehe...not only that, but GET THIS...I just wentto the bathroom and saw where he broke it, and it's RIGHT ON THESEAT!!! He didn't break the little connector arm...he brokethe SEAT! HAHA!! I don't think he'll live this onedown.

Needless to say, he'll be going to Lowe's soon to get a new one. :D

Oh, keep in mind, I don't know how old each of these seats were that webroke...each one was in a different apartment, so they could have beenquite old, for all we know...hehe! (Of course, that's reallyjust me making excuses.....HA!)

Nah, you're not weird...;) I find that toiletseats are not made very well these days. The plastic, cheaper ones areespecially easy to break (the hinges go very easily). The hinges alsocome loose every other day or so! And the lack of thickness in theseats themselves make them very easy to break. If I didn't know anybetter, I'd guess the manufacturers design them that way, just to getmore sales (kinda like the tv's and other appliances that explode theday after their warranty runs out). Oak toilet seats are more durable,and tend to have heavier, metal hinges that last longer.

But of course, you live in California...so maybe Californian toiletseats are just wimpy! (hehe) If you lived in Canada you'd find thattoilets and their seats are designed to withstand everything, even theelements. To prove it, here's a pic of my son on the toilet onewinter's day:

toilet.jpg

*Tongue planted firmly in cheek for this post* ;)

I don't know....maybe teach him to hover? Some men are highly trainable.

I noticed that whenI was in a hurry to use the potty, I'd practicallyfall onto it in my hurry and the seat part would slide to one side andit eventually broke the little arms off. Are you in a hurry?

I think this is the weirdest thread ever.

-JAK

JAK Rabbitry wrote:
I don't know....maybe teach him to hover? Some men are highly trainable.

I noticed that whenI was in a hurry to use the potty, I'd practicallyfall onto it in my hurry and the seat part would slide to one side andit eventually broke the little arms off. Are you in a hurry?

-JAK

TMI!:shock2:

In my home town there was a purple toilet in a yard, they had planted flowers in it.

A town next door as toilet races. People takeold toliets put wheels on them and have one person sit on the tolietwhile 2 people are being pushing the toliets. They do have a handle onthe back of the toliet to push it easier. People decorate their tolietsand all!

Dwarf_Angel04 wrote:
A town next door as toilet races. People take old tolietsput wheels on them and have one person sit on the toliet while 2 peopleare being pushing the toliets. They do have a handle on the back of thetoliet to push it easier. People decorate their toliets and all!

laughing.gif
That would be so cool and so much fun!!!

cheryl

Why thank you! Hehe...I don't believe I've ever had the honor.

I was just curious how many people out there have had the same experience, or if I was just weird.

I've had a history of breaking them (the hinge part), so I thinkNaturestee isn't far off in her assessment, no pun intended,hehe! Get it...assessment?? Hehe!!I'm not one to cuss, but that was kinda funny! :)

JAK Rabbitry wrote:

Um we have been there, just recently.

My husband comes out and says um the toilet seat broke. I said how it is ceramic solid ones. he said I dunno.

So head off to Kmart and 13 dollars later. WE got the metal hinge kindand really thick solid ceramic ones right. Lo and behold a week latermy husband says um you got clear tape, I said yeah "Why", he says umthe toilet seat broke again, Ok here is the tape. The seat is stillhere, a week later he comes out and says tape again, I said why theseat broke again. He says um yeah right next to it, So it is stillhere. We have to replace it before november 1st cause we are moving.

lol, well it is new so, my husband said thatwhen we pick the new one up, he is going to clean it and show themKmart people why it broke and get our 13 bucks back. Say we are cheapnot.

lol yeah, lol

Hey I read on that peroxide. Loved it, and I am showing it to dad causehe says you have to bleach everything. I hate bleach and I know thatbleach does not kill everything. Ugh, I am going to try that in whiteswhen I do a load this weekend.

Ive always break the hinges off toilet seats inour house. Its happened about 4 times in 5 years. Idont know why! Im not very heavy either.

This is a VERY weird thread! Whats it going to be next!

Oh, very cool! Glad to hear you likedit! I got it in an email, and my first thought was, "boy, allthe ladies (and possibly some of the men) on RO would LOVE to readthis!" :)

SweetPeasMommie wrote:
lol yeah, lol

Hey I read on that peroxide. Loved it, and I am showing it to dad causehe says you have to bleach everything. I hate bleach and I know thatbleach does not kill everything. Ugh, I am going to try that in whiteswhen I do a load this weekend.

Latest posts

Back