Boz's Blog of Rabbits, Rodents, & Animal Nonsense

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had so much fun going through your blog. I had hamsters and gerbils most of my childhood. I think I will have to get one again in the future. Thanks a lot another animal to add to my list.

Thanks you two! I'm probably going to be getting some photos up tonight. :) Be prepared!!

Ahh haha poor Ali! They are really so much fun though! I'm a little bias to gerbils but I love hamsters nonetheless! :D

Today, the lady who takes photos of the animals at the shelter saw my photos I took of the shelter animals and asked if I could help her take photos for petfinder! Of course I said yes. I am really excited!

:pinkbouce:

Some much needed updated photos of Dolla. She looks so good! Her fur kinda looks a little wacky but that's because some spots are shorter/longer then other spots. Her fur is a pain. But it's finally seeming to be less baby-like and more adult-like (3 years later....). :p

"Let mee out"
b549ea3b.jpg

134030ca.jpg

bf8e927a.jpg

Don't let her looks fool you. She is a mischievous little bugger!
02dfea35.jpg

cfa47286.jpg

You can see how her fur looks like layery. Cause some spots are shorter then the rest! lol
c7af7fd3.jpg

The Trio: Louie, Dolla & Domino!
aef153b4.jpg

Snuggling
b1ab446f.jpg

e437094c.jpg

bdc047e0.jpg

I really like this one of the two!
9f4f11c4.jpg

f2c645c0.jpg

5c7f2030.jpg

1b8d2a67.jpg

I love Louie's eyes!
c3de2657.jpg

fe3dc869.jpg

"hehehehehehehehe"
8f63e06a.jpg

a670c251.jpg

great blog!! and ur buns are STINKIN CUTE!!..i stole some pics of ur set up cuz u have some great homemade ideas..awesome just awesome!

Thanks everyone! :D

Rebecca- sorry about before! I went to finish making my food and started watching a show on TV. :p

So today I was at the shelter and took some photos.

After I thought about it, the whole thing is quiet ironic. I think you'll understand at the end. :p

So we got in two fuzzy rabbits. I'm guessing some angora mixes because the lop ear girl looks nothing like a fuzzy lop. They were found as strays and came in together. One is a boy and one is a girl. Keep your figures crossed that doesn't mean babies! But, uh, well anyone who has experience with breeding... I noticed that her tummy had shorter fur and I could feel her nipples more obviously then any other rabbit I've handled. She hasn't been vet checked yet since she just came in. I hope she's not pregnant. We don't want more bunnies!

Anyway, the girl is super sweet. She is SO friendly and would be a very good bun for anyone. Sweet and calm. Easy to handle! Just has to go to someone who will remember her fur needs brushing more often.
5feb9f92.jpg

ff0a00be.jpg

5f2c9afd.jpg

The boy. He's just as sweet as the girl. Just as cute too! :D
738375db.jpg

f2955692.jpg

67fa0c3e.jpg

Then I decided just to get a photo and a video of one of the rabbits that's been there awhile. Since August actually. Her name is Maybelle. She needs to go in a home with someone who has experience with rabbits and/or working with small pets in general. She's kinda moody but I think she'll make a very fun and entertaining bun! I think she'll have quiet the personality once she gets the chance to let it show. :)

64b0e9d2.jpg

And now, I present to you, Harry, the Hairless Rat. I think he's ugly. But totally cool! He comes when called! How cool is that? :biggrin2: He may be already getting adopted.
32b5596b.jpg

cc89ba5f.jpg

Yes! don't let her looks fool you! She pees outside the litter box, escapes, breaks things, gets into things, bossy, throws my brushes off the table when I brush her, and is overall very sassy! good thing she's cute! :p

Cute bunny, cute bunny, adorable big-eared bunny... GAH what is THAT?! Lmbo. Okay so Harry gave me a bit of a shock but I can see why he'd be cool ;) I like rats but I am not a big fan of any hairless species really. Hehehe. I'm glad he is well though. You say he is probably getting adopted?

haha yes I know right? Very furry, very furry, hairless?! haha!

Yes! I haven't been in since last week but when I was in he had an "adoption pending" :D

Aww, I totally heart Harry! All of the critters you posted, of course, but especially him.

If for some reason his adoption fell through - and I can't for the life of me imagine why anyone wouldn't snap up that cutie in a heartbeat! - you might give him an olive oil rubdown to help ease his dry skin. It's a very common condition in hairless and not a big deal but also easy to fix.

Be advised:gripping an oiled hairless rat is like trying to hold onto a greased pig. :p

Hey thanks for the advice!I thought his skin looked rather dry and I was searching and found that exact same advice! If he's still there I'll do that. Hopefully he isn't too squirmy! :p

So tonight I made toys for the buns! I didn't get any photos of them with the toys. Silly me... I'll do it tomorrow!

Anyway I made my own Willow Rings! And a Willow "Bunch" (I named it). I am quiet proud... :biggrin2:

e61a7f8b.jpg

33bd0fcd.jpg

Latest posts

Back