Boz's Blog of Rabbits, Rodents, & Animal Nonsense

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boz

Reaction score
[align=center]Boz's Blog of Rabbits, Rodents, & Animal Nonsense
[/align][align=center]
DSC_9466_1.jpg

[/align][align=center]
Many of you don't know me but I'm Boz. My other blog for 2010 I haven't written in for months. I thought I'd start fresh! A little about me... I am a freshmen in college, I love photography and life is good! I have owned rabbit for 6 years (wow already?!!?). I have 4 rabbits, too many hamsters, not enough gerbils and a dog.

[/align][align=center]Previous Blogs

Boz's Blog of Animal Nonsense 2010
(4th blog, beginning of 2010)

Boz's Rascally Rabbits of 2009
(3rd blog, 2009)

Boz's Brazen Bunnies 2009
(2nd Blog, Beginning 2009)

The Odd Three
(1st Blog, 2008 & Before)
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]My Rabbits
[/align][align=center]
2009_03_28RascallyRabbits1Marley.png

Breed - French Lop
Gotcha Day - December 23rd, 2007
Birthday - October 20th, 2007[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]The Trio:
[/align][align=center]
2009_03_28RascallyRabbits1Domino.png

Breed - Mini Rex
Gotcha Day - June, 2005
Birthday - April 28th, 2005
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
2009_03_28RascallyRabbits1Dolla.png

Breed - American Fuzzy Lop
Gotcha Day - August 21st, 2008
Birthday - May 2nd, 2008 (Guess at day)
[/align][align=center]

2009_03_28RascallyRabbits1NewBun.png

Breed - Lionhead Mix
Gotcha Day - March, 28th 2009
Birthday - November 2007

The Rest of the "Herd"

1 Gerbil
His name is Gimli, born March 17th, 2010 (roughtly) and got in July 2010. He is now a special needs gerbil. He lost his top front teeth the end of August. (See more at Gimli - The Toothless Gerbil)

10 Dwarf Hamsters
I "rescued" 2 females from a free ad (they were to go to any home, including snake food and if not gone soon enough they were going to be released). Well 2 turned into 15. I have found a home for 1 and 4 have sadly passed. I am still looking for homes for several of the little guys. They are all amazingly friendly!

1 Dog
His name is Bosley. He's a 9 year old shih tzu. I love him but he can be a pain. Whinely little thing who can be high maintenance at times. He listens fairly well, usually. He knows a lot of commands. We got him at 6 months old and he had food/toy aggression since we got him. He also suffers from bad skin allergies. Despite his flaws he's still my little baby!

I also foster gerbils and hamsters and in special cases, rabbits from my local shelter.[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]Read, Set, Pictures!!
[/align]

Just for fun I was looking on petfinder for big bunnies.

Big White Helicopter earred bunny! http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/16535495
Big White Flemmie butt! http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/16544480
These two have been looking for a home for over a year :( http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/14862535
Look at this guy's markings! http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/14997305

I'm in the mood for photos so expect some tonight! :D

Oh and I've been waiting to get more gerbils sometime in the near future so I wonder on petfinder a lot for them. Usually they never are close but I saw these three and omg I want soooo much!! They are so gorgeous! But too far away :(

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/17144842
Look at those beauties! :biggrin:

YAY FOR PHOTOS! :)

Domino munchin on fresh picked parsley!
DSC_9751.jpg

DSC_9752.jpg

DSC_9753.jpg

Dolla wanted some too.
DSC_9755.jpg

And Louie!
DSC_9756.jpg

DSC_9757.jpg

Moar pweeze
DSC_9758.jpg

DSC_9759.jpg

DSC_9761.jpg

DSC_9762.jpg

DSC_9764.jpg

DSC_9766.jpg

Marley photos coming next! :D

MARLEY! YAY! :D

Look at how amazingly clean she keeps her pen! I haven't cleaned it in almost a week. I almost never need to do a "full"clean up job on it anymore, just cleaning the litter box and some stray hay. Okay her mat needs to be brushed to get all the fur off. And the dark stuff on the carpet is water. She jumped in her water bowl on accident. :rollseyes She's got a few more toys, but they are where you can't see in the photo.
DSC_9770.jpg

Nommy Nommy Freshed Picked Chocolate Mint!!
DSC_9772.jpg

DSC_9773.jpg

Love this one!! :D
DSC_9774.jpg

DSC_9776.jpg

DSC_9777.jpg

DSC_9778.jpg

DSC_9779.jpg

DSC_9780.jpg

DSC_9781.jpg

DSC_9782.jpg

DSC_9784.jpg

Such beautiful bunnies! Domino looks so soft. Mini Rex is one of the breeds I'd love to own one day!

Louie has amazing eyes, from what I could see of them!

Marley is so pretty. Love the picture of her with the flower in her mouth.

Thanks!! :D I should post pictures of Louie's eyes. His eyes are both brown and blue and they are opposite of each other.

Domino's fur is really soft. You'll love it!

And Marley is the rabbit. I love her so much!

She's a terrible trouble maker. She pees all over the floor. She escapes and gets on counters and throws things off and breaks them. She gets in the hay bin and pees and poops in it. You sure you want that?! If you want Ms. Peebody Houdini send the shipping money and I'll pack her bags for you! :p

Yep I still want her, you find out much it cost to ship her here and I'll send the money ASAP.
I don't have those big hole grids up here in Canada :p I have a tarp under the cage so it's ok if she misses the box ;)
I don't have any breakable's so thats ok. The only thing she can get is the Deep Freezer so I guess I could just open it up and let her jump in :p LOL just kidding just kidding.

Well then she is PERFECT for you!! Shipping is probably like $250. :p

Haha glad you like her Jennie! :D

OMG So I am like SOO excited right now!!!!!!!
Tonight I checked Gimli's teeth in hopes of some luck they'd be growing back (but I was really doubtful) and GUESS WHAT I SAW!!! :biggrin2:

DSC_6069.jpg

DSC_6063.jpg

DSC_6067.jpg

These are old pictures but I thought I should post some of him! These are of him right after I brought him home. He was still in the travel bin cage.

He's so cute! I love the middle picture and his little sunken-in, old-man face. :hearts: Just stick him on a bench in the park with a hat, a paper bag, and some pigeons, and you're set! :p Sorry lol (spaz moment!) I love his color, too!

haha! good description. :p and thanks! He's a Red Eyed Honey (REH). I always wanted a Dark Eyed Honey, but got him instead!

I am so excited his top teeth are growing back!! :D

Gimli's teeth look almost completely grown back! Last night he actually chewed up a bunch of cardboard. So excited! :D

Also, today two of my 10 hamsters found their furever home. It was a mom and her two daughters. They were overly excited about them! :D They went to a good home! They two my male pair, Max & Skeeter. They are the calmest and friendliest of all my hamsters so it's a perfect fit. :)

I know! I was nervous at first because I had only talked to her via email but after meeting her it eased my mind! Then afterward she emailed me again and said thank you and that she really loved them! It was funny because they were used to the syrian hamsters as they had had two before and when they saw these two they were like "AWWW they are so little! Are they full grown?!" haha! The funny thing is those two males were the biggest of the dwarfs I have (well Doodle might actually be haha!). All the females are just tiny. Monkey is probably the smallest. I think last time I checked she was almost half the size of Doodle!

Aww yeah too bad!! Doodle would be perfect. She's a little shy at first but once she realizes its your hand in her cage she's like "let me on!!" and crawls right into your hand. :D And she uses a litter box! Well pees in one at least. :p

So I went to the Manitowoc County Fair a couple weeks ago. Of course i had to go in by the bunnies! :biggrin: Unfortunately my camera battery was dying and I had forgot the charger at home. So I only got a few shots in before it died. :(

DSC_9490.jpg

DSC_9491.jpg

DSC_9492.jpg

DSC_9487.jpg

DSC_9488.jpg

DSC_9489.jpg

I have a love/hate relationship with fair bunnies. I love looking at them and petting a few that smoosh their face through the bars, but I hate how they are in the tiny cages on pine shavings (or wire). I want to take them all home with me!

Speaking of taking them home with me... I might be able to sneak up that way to go get a hammy this weekend. I won't tell Will, but I want another hammy! It's not his pet, anyway! :p I only had a few dwarf hammies that didn't bite when I put my hand in their cages. Not like their little bites hurt, but I still jump like a big sissy! :p I might be birdwatching up that way this weekend, so let me know if you'll be around!

Kelly, I totally agree with you!! I feel the same way too. I suppose at last it's not cedar... although I did see a few with it. :(

Sorry I never replied!! If you still want a dwarf, I got 7!! :p Doodle went to a new home a few weeks ago. But, like I said, I still got 7! I'm actually going down to Milwaukee next weekend too.

Since you are familiar with dwarfs and their craziness I'd consider letting you take any of them.

I got...

REW Female pair. Very sweet.

Quad of females - blue, 2 opals and a REW. I can split them up too. Super hyper and entertaining! The REW is named Monkey for a reason. LOL They are all sweet, though the opals can have there spazztasic moments. :p

And noodle, an opal. Loves her cage and I swear she is part energizer bunny cause she is always running on her wheel!!

Latest posts

Back