Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucyTheBunny

Reaction score
So theres this Lionhead in my area that has been up on craigslist for a while. He is a neutered male. I was wondering if it's okay to keep a neutered buck with an unaltered doe? Will she hurt him? I would like to rescue this bunny but I don't know if he would get along with Lucy if he won't then I'm not going to get him.
(He is in the Los Angeles area if you are interested btw)

No way to tell until they meet. Some intact females are mellow enough to accept a bondmate. Others are not...especially towards a new rabbit coming into "their" territory.

If your rabbit were already spayed, there is still no guarantee that they would get along. Bonding is really an individual thing dependent upon the personalities of each rabbit.

If you worked with a rabbit rescue (if they would allow bunny dating with an intact female) they would work to help you find the right match. If you get a random rabbit from craigslist, then you have no recourse if he doesn't get along with your gal. (the rescue may allow you to try several different ones which would increase your chances) Whether or not a particular rescue will allow bonding with an intact female would have to be found out.

Hi, how old is your girl? Is she free roaming or has her cage/hutch/playpen or else? As Blue eyes said above girls can be very territorial and understand every new rabbit as an intruder. But some are less territorial than others so there's no guarantee. Also there are a few tricks to make your bun a bit less territorial especially if her space is limited, if she's a free-roam your house is already all her

Latest posts

Back