boy minilop acting up?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunterfield

Reaction score
Hi, I just got two new minilops from two different Breeders. Both at 10 weeks. Just today my buck was caught humping my doe while they were playing in their playpen. I seperated them as I know it’s too young. I read that it’s about 4 months when they start being active. Then my buck started chewing away at his plastic house instead of the food treat I left out for him. I don’t know ‍♀️ what all this actions he’s doing ?? Help.

Is your intention to breed them? If not, you will need to get her spayed and/or him neutered. The reason for his behaviour change is probably puberty! You might find he is more destructive, more territorial, and messier with his pee and poop. Try giving him some cardboard and wood things to chew on, as they are safer and more fun to chew! I don’t know of a bunny that doesn’t love to chew cardboard!

Yes I am hoping to breed them. They are both purebreed mini lops but i didn’t think it would
Be this soon as I have being researching into it. But yes just as you mention about destructive, he is chewing away at his plastic house and not the the treats I leave for him. So if he is hitting puberty. And my doe is only 10 weeks do I keep them separate until she’s 6 months then?

Yes keep them separate, if nothing else he will drive her mad constantly humping her.

Latest posts

Back