Box Kingdoms

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdith4him

Reaction score
OK, I've heard a lot of you say you use cardboard boxes to make amazing bunny playhouses. Well I want to see pictures! Share pictures of how you turned a plain old cardboard box into a kingdom for your rabbits!

I've tried to do some, but this is as far as I've gotten:

[align=center]
img_2941.jpg

This is the box house I made for Nibbles. He could go through the hole into the bottom box or jump up into the top portion. It was taped together.

img_2976.jpg

This is the tunnel I made for Junie and Crispin out of old soda boxes.

[align=left]
[/align][/align]

I haven't done much either, just taped one (slightly smaller) box on top of another box... I have an entrance hole in the bottom box, a hole in the roof/floor to go between the two boxes, an exit hole in the side of the top box and there's a little balcony ledge due to the top box being smaller. they like to sit on the balcony or on top of the second box.

I'll be honest, I think I had a little too much fun watching them in the tunnel. hahaha.

Then I went on to watch Nibbles thumping at you for brushing him in the bathtub. He looks like he has a saddle on. And I like your pj pants/toe nails.

Just finished a box castle/maze. It's one big box with two layers of boxes fitted inside and connected via holes from one to the next and from the lower level to the upper level. Had a bunch of boxes collected over the last four months so I could custom fit them in without have to tape or alter too much. I'll pull the chip from the camera and load the pics later.

Larry, I have to see this box thing you make. It sounds awesome, but it's hard for me to picture it.

Morgan, yeah, Nibbles was shedding pretty bad at that point. Glad you liked the videos!

I can get really large sheets of plain cardboard and I'm going to just construct a massive box castle with that I think. the most I've done is use a smallish moving box with cat litter sized boxes attached.

I saved boxes for 4 months so I'd be able to fit them without having to do modifications. After I was done, there were more than 30 boxes on the street for the "sanitation engineers" to dispose of. Our boys and girls just love it. Was thinking of putting a hole up on top for them too.

OK, I just made a new BOX KINGDOM for Junie and Crispin this afternoon! They're still sleeping, so Junie only explored it briefly before heading back to bed. Here are some pictures:

[align=center]
img_3964.jpg

[/align]

[align=center]
img_3963.jpg

img_3965.jpg

img_3966.jpg

[/align]

Looks nice. My parents will not let me make/buy something like that. They say that I have too much stuff for them as it is. BinkyBunny makes some really cool ones.

Morgan, I'd check the box over really good. Usually the ones with photo quality print on them are a plastic sheathing and not good. The printed ones are soy ink and okay for all. Meredith, the one thing I always do is put down a two layer floor. They've already dug and chewed thru one corner clear to the carpet. Looks really good. I made a 3 story one last time with the holes (so I thought) only big enough for my two smallest bunnies to get thru and cut out a hole on top. It was about 5 feet tall. Came in one afternoon and found Serena on top--she's my 19 pound Checkered Giant. It had to have been a real squeeze for her, but, all of ours just love it and you can hear them from anywhere in the house. Almost got a hernia picking her up.

Thanks Larry! She doesn't really chew on the box itself. She likes the tp and paper towel rolls a lot more than boxes. Weird, I know. So she will chew the cardboard rolls not the boxes, I've watched her really closely to make sure. And her hay barn is filled with hay for her to eat and occupy her.

That's good then. Our's love to chew and dig--eventually there will be no floor left. Ted was the best though. I'd give him a box and in 10 minutes he'd be inside it and in 20 minutes he'd have a run thru all made. He also loved brown grocery bags. Loved the video--your broken black could be Finn's twin.

Latest posts

Back