Box Kingdoms

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay everyone. Start with a giant pile of boxes. Fit them all into one big box so there aren't any excess spaces. Helps if you have great Tetris skills--I used to be able to beat the gameboy. Take your trusty box cutter and cut from outside to inside box. Next cut from inside box to inside box for the maze effect. Then I added a layer of cardfboard and then the second level of boxes and cut a hole at each end up into the second level and cut pathways on the top floor just like I did on the bottom. Fold top closed and tape it down and your all set for hours of fun, chewing and digging.

Meredith, you said that you're bunnies liked to chew on the tunnels you made, but do they chew on the tape? I really want to make one for Ash but I know he would chew on it a lot, and I would want to make sure he doesn't ingest any tape.

For my box kingdoms, I use the all-natural paper tape, which is very sticky and they have no problem injesting it.

Thanks for some great ideas! I have a lot of boxes laying around because I tend to order a lot of things online...lol. I have a box that I can fit inside of...hm...

Our bunnies didn't eat the tape. I did watch to make sure, since obviously ingesting tape wouldn't be good for them. I tried to tape it in places where they wouldn't be able to chew on initially, so that helped. They chewed the edges, but once it gets too chewed up (or they start chewing too close to where tape is), I take it out and make a new one. Also, we put their boxes/tunnels in their run around space (not their actual NIC cage) so they can only play/chew on them when we're around and can watch.

Latest posts

Back