Bored bunny!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arloismybunny

Reaction score
Arlo got nurtured on Wednesday and the vet told him to limit his space since he shouldn’t be exercising and he needs to rest and recover. He’s very frustrated with this limited space!! I put a pee pad down in case of any accidents. Problem is he’s started to eat the peeped. I think he’s doing it out of boredom and frustration. He has lots of toys in there!! He’s still eating hay which good but how should I keep him entertained so he stops eating the pee pad?! Help!!

Can you not just let him use his litter box? If he doesn't eat paper, an old book or phone book can be fun for them to shred up. Also limiting pellets some can cause him to spend more time eating hay, so less time to get bored.
I’m not currently using the litter box because it would be too high for him to jump and I don’t want him to open the wound. I didn’t have anything lower and I didn’t think about it until after he was home. I’ve been so busy I haven’t had time to go out and buy something lower. I

If your parent/mom doesn't mind, something like a baking tray or pan could be used for a low sided makeshift litter box.

Latest posts

Back