Books on 9/11

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwarf_Angel04

Reaction score
For my Composition II class I have to read abook and critique the book towards the end of the quarter. The book hasto be a non-fiction book that was published in the lest ten years, butthe last five years is even better.

So I decided I wanted to read a book that I was going to have intrestin rather then just reading a book because I had to forthecourse.

So for anyone who has read a book on 9/11 please share the book titleand the author. I did a search on 9/11 books and was baffled at theamount of books that showed up! :shock:

Yes I did but haven't started reading it yet asit needs to be pre-approved by my professor first. I don't have itright beside me now so I don't know the author but it's called "AReport from Ground Zero" and I've also got a fall back called "After".

I found the WTC to be much harder to watch thenUnited 93. United 93 kept switching around from different controlcenters to the plane and back and forth. I understand that's how ithappened but it was sorta hard to follow for a movie. It wasn't nearlyas intense as the WTC. Both movies felt like you were right therewatching but the WTC was more emotional in many ways.

In United 93 you knew the outcome so oviously it was very predictable.However with the WTC you had idea what might happen but at times itdidn't seem like that's how it was going to end.

I find it hard to watch much of anything about9/11. I went to NY a few times as a kid, and have always hada great deal of affinity and love for it. I cried quite alot, watching that second plane hit my beloved, beautiful TwinTowers. I've always wanted to take my daughter there, just toexperience the beautiful city and see it from the perspective I did ather age, but I don't know how well I'll be able to handle the lack ofmy favorite two buildings, and the memory of what happened.It was quite traumatic for me to see and grasp what happened.Everytime I watch anything about it, I feel like I will just completelybreak down and have to change the channel.

I did, however, recently watch a couple of shows that were I believe inthe National Geographic (or Discovery) Channel. One wasdifferent stories about survivors and what they went through, the nextabout different personal things they found at Ground Zero that they'vereturned to the people's families, and then told the story about thatparticular person. It was heartbreaking, but at the sametime, I feel like I need to start confronting this and start handlingmy feelings about it. I think its a healthy step, but boy isit difficult!

Latest posts

Back