Bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmilyJayneHarlow

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of bonding my 2 buns, They're in side by side cages at the moments.
They've been sniffing each other and touching their noses through the bars, and have been laying near each other, they've been ide by side for a little over a week now.

When I feel like they are ready to meet properly, what would the best way to do that?
Should I put them both in the same pen and gradually make it larger until they are free roam?

All suggestions welcome please

Hi Emily, I am currently in the same stage as you, right now I am swapping them around in each space so they can get used to smells and do short feeding sessions together (6pm veggies, 12am pellets).
Once his hormones die down I will follow videos - Neutral small space short sessions and slowly extend longer.
I read every bonding experience is different for bunnies so you will have to experiment what works best for you buns. Please keep me updated!

All I remember is make sure the session always ends in a good note :)

GOODLUCK

Hi Emily, I am currently in the same stage as you, right now I am swapping them around in each space so they can get used to smells and do short feeding sessions together (6pm veggies, 12am pellets).
Once his hormones die down I will follow videos - Neutral small space short sessions and slowly extend longer.
I read every bonding experience is different for bunnies so you will have to experiment what works best for you buns. Please keep me updated!

All I remember is make sure the session always ends in a good note :)

GOODLUCK

Aw thank you, Will definitely try some of these!
Good luck to you too!

Latest posts

Back