Bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NotaCocoaPuff

Reaction score
How do I know if my buns are bonded?
I mean, they don't fight at all and seem tolerant of each other but I seem to have 1 docile bun and 1 strong alpha. They are spayed but 1 still seems to be marking with poos and rubbing her face everywhere. The other just kind of hides most of the day, comes out to eat with the other bun. They don't groom each other and the only time they lay next to each other is when they are caged.
The alpha female is very outgoing, curious and more social with us. The other bun just hides, prefers not to be touched much and only comes out to eat. She is sweet too but seems fearful. The fact that she hides though makes it hard to bond wither. That being said, the alpha will nip her and me if I try to touch the other bun. I'm worried that the alpha is preventing bonding with me as her human and keeping the other bun in hiding.

How is the bonding going? It doesn't sound like they are bonded yet, but I suggest you watch the video below.

How is the bonding going? It doesn't sound like they are bonded yet, but I suggest you watch the video below.

Thank you for the video!
I think they are bonding... I’ve found them several times lying together and snuggling, a little grooming too. It’s definitely one-sided, Basil is more dominant. I think Basil is actually keeping Rue from human bonding because Rue tends to run and hide behind Basil when we try to pet her. She allows us to hold her and pet her but only if we can catch her. Even then she is skittish. Overall though things are better

Latest posts

Back