Bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristen13

Reaction score
My female was spayed today, obviously I cant put her with my male right away but I would like to have a plan for when I do.
I'm going to give her the time to heal and adjust, in that time I am ordering a few new peices of furniture for my bedroom to upgrade and rearrange, that is where my male is and where I'd like to put my female when the time comes. I know it's not go to try bonding in a area where one rabbit lives (their area), so I will be bonding in s neutral space. But is it possible that even after rearranging, new furniture and deep cleaning my room that there will be problems because that is my male rabbits space?
Any help is appreciated, tips on how to keep my newly spayed female happy and healthy, bonding tips and tips for introducing the female to the males space to be their shared home.

It really would be best to have them do the bonding in some other neutral space. Then after they are bonded and before you move them to your room, you can then change and rearrange your room. That way, when they first go in your room together (after bonding), the space will be more neutral and unfamiliar to your male.

Is your male also neutered?

Here's a quick summary of a couple different bonding methods.

It really would be best to have them do the bonding in some other neutral space. Then after they are bonded and before you move them to your room, you can then change and rearrange your room. That way, when they first go in your room together (after bonding), the space will be more neutral and unfamiliar to your male.

Is your male also neutered?

Here's a quick summary of a couple different bonding methods.
Yeah that's the plan, to have their bonding sessions in the dining room or kitchen where neither have been. Part of my reasoning to get new furniture was because I knew it could help make the room feel new to my male so that they would both feel like it was theirs from the start. He is a very sweet boy, I just want to do my best to prevent any possible territory issues. He is not neutered, I have discussed this with my vet team and they even agree that it's not necessary especially now that my female is spayed. He has always had such a great personality with zero signs of agression, territory issue or anything that would cause concern. I know some will not agree with this decision, but he is happy, healthy and my vet agrees with this decision.

Latest posts

Back