Bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthernNetherlandDwarf

Reaction score
Hi so I've decided to try giving binding a go between my two buns. At first when I i traduced both my Netherland mix would try to bite my dwarf hootot mix now whenever my dwarf hootot comes close to my Netherland mixes cage it appears to charge at the dwarf hotot mix. My dwarf hotot is really friendly and doesn't seem fazed by the others behavior at all. Is there a way I can help get them to get along or bond easier or have someone help me bond the two? So far it's been an hour and I squirt the Netherland mix whenever it seems to be acting aggressively towards my hotot mix two year old. My Netherland mix is only a couple months old and seems to be the aggressor more then the two year old. I know they should be fixed we are getting an appointment for it but I thought itd help to start initiating the binding process.

No. This is not a good idea. Trying to bond them before the neutering is not going to help one bit. It does, however, have the potential to prevent them from bonding in the future.
It makes no difference if they become wonderfully "bonded" before being fixed, because after they are fixed it will be all new again. We've had other members on here go through the same thing. It just doesn't help to start bonding before they have been fixed. If yours are already not getting along, trying to get them to get along now is only going to risk a fight that will make future bonding difficult or impossible. It won't help future bonding one little bit.
Just be patient and keep them apart until both are healed from their surgeries.

Latest posts

Back