Bonding with Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We only brought home 1 rabbit. It didn’t have a littermate available. The rabbit is sweet but I am having a hard time bonding with it myself. I “loved” my rabbit before almost from the start. Any tips on helping the humans?

Attachments

• 0EDA8729-46B9-4D8A-BB81-B5A6BE014F38.jpeg
    0EDA8729-46B9-4D8A-BB81-B5A6BE014F38.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
We only brought home 1 rabbit. It didn’t have a littermate available. The rabbit is sweet but I am having a hard time bonding with it myself. I “loved” my rabbit before almost from the start. Any tips on helping the humans?
Nothing at all wrong with bringing just one home. In fact, that's better than bringing 2 littermates home. Littermates may only get along when they are babies. Their sex may be unknown (or wrongly sexed). They then would both have to be fixed, separated, and then eventually bonded-- or at least attempted to bond. No guarantees they would actually bond. Getting 2 baby littermates can be quite problematic! So getting just one is perfectly fine.

What age is this new rabbit? Since you've had a rabbit before (just one?) don't make the easy mistake of expecting your new rabbit to be very similar to your prior rabbit. I have done that -- especially in my early rabbit days. It's not just cliche to say that each rabbit is unique. They truly can vary greatly in their unique personalities. Some are more outgoing or cuddly or mischievous or timid or independent... It will take time to figure out what your new rabbit is like.

In addition to the thread provided above, here is another link for bonding with your bunny:
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/bonding-with-your-bunny.html

Nothing at all wrong with bringing just one home. In fact, that's better than bringing 2 littermates home. Littermates may only get along when they are babies. Their sex may be unknown (or wrongly sexed). They then would both have to be fixed, separated, and then eventually bonded-- or at least attempted to bond. No guarantees they would actually bond. Getting 2 baby littermates can be quite problematic! So getting just one is perfectly fine.

What age is this new rabbit? Since you've had a rabbit before (just one?) don't make the easy mistake of expecting your new rabbit to be very similar to your prior rabbit. I have done that -- especially in my early rabbit days. It's not just cliche to say that each rabbit is unique. They truly can vary greatly in their unique personalities. Some are more outgoing or cuddly or mischievous or timid or independent... It will take time to figure out what your new rabbit is like.

In addition to the thread provided above, here is another link for bonding with your bunny:
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/bonding-with-your-bunny.html
She is around 9 weeks or so.

Latest posts

Back