Bonding with my rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arloismybunny

Reaction score
I got Arlo a fleece blanket from ikea and he loves it! He likes to dig and bite it and eventually he ended up falling asleep on it! It was the cutest thing. He let me pet him for a good 15 minutes! I started to pet both of his cheeks and he started lighting chattering his teeth. I’m so in love with him he’s got so a great personality!! He’s not very interested in the toys he has (and he has a lot) he just explores the same things over and over again lol. He spends A LOT of time eating hay and I mean A LOT! I’m so incredibly happy that I got Arlo he’s the best things that’s happened to me recently. Before I got him my childhood dog had passed away and I was really missing having a pet around. I’m really happy I decided to get a bunny instead of another dog💗💗

Attachments

• 932F7B56-939A-4ACB-9886-C237161C71A7.jpeg
    932F7B56-939A-4ACB-9886-C237161C71A7.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 0BA27F9E-404E-4973-ADB8-85B138F62A99.jpeg
    0BA27F9E-404E-4973-ADB8-85B138F62A99.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 5
Sounds like he's the perfect bunny for you. I'm glad you're enjoying being a new bunny parent. He is a very cute little guy 💕

Don't worry about the toys. Some rabbits just never take much of an interest in them. And sometimes it's just a matter of finding what he does like to do. Usually it will have to do with them expressing their normal rabbit behavior like would happen in the wild, but in a home environment. So rabbit safe sticks to chew on, compressed grass hay block to throw around and chew on, a dig box to practice digging in, objects made from grass or willow to chew and destroy, running around and practicing escape moves, tunnels to play and hide in, cardboard boxes to play in and destroy(making sure not much cardboard is actually being consumed), newspaper or old phone book to shred and rip to little tiny annoying pieces that I have to then clean up :p. Those are the kind of 'toys' my rabbits seem to prefer. They all have their preferences on what they like best. So try out some different things and you'll come to learn what your bun likes best.

Lawrence doesn't have much use for toys, either, but he LOVES puzzles!

I got him a dog puzzle, where he has to move sliders to get treats, and he loves it! Here's a link to the one I got him:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0038WP1YC/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_9J8ZWDSDJC70E9QZ8PR5

He loved it so much I got him another, harder, cat puzzle, which has 5 different drawers and boxes that each have to be opened differently. He's figured out all but 1 of them. Smart bunny!

So maybe try puzzle? Maybe he's a mensa-bun!

Lawrence doesn't have much use for toys, either, but he LOVES puzzles!

I got him a dog puzzle, where he has to move sliders to get treats, and he loves it! Here's a link to the one I got him:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0038WP1YC/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_9J8ZWDSDJC70E9QZ8PR5

He loved it so much I got him another, harder, cat puzzle, which has 5 different drawers and boxes that each have to be opened differently. He's figured out all but 1 of them. Smart bunny!

So maybe try puzzle? Maybe he's a mensa-bun!
OOO! I might get that for Tu Shen. I was looking at another one similar to it, but I think the wooden one would be safer.

Latest posts

Back