Bonding - When to put them together in the same cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kittiebot

Reaction score
I have a male and a female fixed rabbits that I am trying to bond. I have been working with them for almost 3 weeks now, they are at the stage where they don't fight at all, the female will groom the male, the male will kind of groom the female (he does a half-a**ed job!). They are together for hours at a time in a neutral area with a shared litter box and they do just fine. They don't sleep side by side yet, but totally flop out about a foot away from each other. I also swap their cages every day so it smells like the other bun.

My question is - When can I put them together in a cage permanently? Should they be sleeping next to each other first? I don't want to put them together and have them fight! Any advice is appreciated as this is my first bonding of buns.

Have there been any signs of aggression?
If there is no sign of aggression and they are grooming each other I would say go for it.

No aggression. They actually started out pretty indifferent to each other! No biting or chasing. I think I will give them another week in a shared play area then go for it!

Latest posts

Back