Bonding tips

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxie

Reaction score
Me and my sister each have a rabbit. Buddy the male wants to be dominate and still groom. The female Roxie also wants to be groomed. They have occasional tussles. Usully the female will nip and thats what will start it but then the male will continue. :X. Please help if you have any suggestion. they do fine in a carride but we cant do that everyday. Please help

Are you doing it on neutral territory? With lots of things to interest them?

Have you tried things like (when they are apart) swapping the bowls, toys, and things around so that they get used to the others smell?

You might have to go back to basics with just short sharp positive bursts. Having said that, they do need to sort out the dominance thing.

As I understand it, circling should be stopped, and should fighting, but running, humping, tusseling, and maybe a bit of nipping is probably normal, provided that one bunny is not super stressed out.

Have you tried things like sitting with them both together and stroking them? Like on your lap, if they like that. Maybe that might get them used to the presence of the other and feeling safe too.

yes we are in a neautral territory.
we swapped there bowls . we also swapped there litter boxes for a litlle while . we also swappped there toys. The male dosent really like to be held or geld down but i will try tonight. also we went for a car ride last night and roxie fell asleep:biggrin2:.Thanks
:heart:Hannah

Actually it is not a neutral territory anymore. They were in a neutral territory but they did so well that we moved them to an un-neutral territory. They don't fight and they normally do ok. Somedays everthing will go perfect and each of them groom eachother, but other days it just doesn't work out.

Today we will put toys in for them to play with as well and see what happens. I can't be there every night so Hannha takes over but it usually goes well when I watch.

Latest posts

Back