Bonding...the more space, the better?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undergunfire

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Usually when I bond Marlin and Molly I have them set up in a small circle pen...about 10 NIC panels or so length (in a circle). Today I have them outside on our front deck and have NIC panels fencing it off. They have about 10ft x 5ft to run around in and it seems to be relaxing them more. Are they only getting along better because we are outside or is it the more space they have? Even thought they are outside, they definitely aren't stressing at all. There is still *some* chasing, but there hasn't been a big fight yet and we've been out here for about 2 hours. When they have gotten into a scuffle, they seperate themselves...where as in a small pen a small scuffle turns into a big fight because they don't have space to run away from each other.

Well....nevermind. I should know by now to never say something is going really well because once you do, something bad happens that ruins it!

Ugh....they got into one of those terrible "rolling around" fights literally 5 minutes after posting this thread. Marlin screamed...I'm letting him calm down a bit before I check him over - I think Molly just ripped out too much hair.

Gosh darnit! I hope I didn't ruin their bond now. I only got Molly because her and Morgan did well on their date...then I find out later that they won't be a good match. Brody and Molly will not bond because he's too much of a humper and she won't tolerate it. Now Marlin and Molly might not work. ARG!!!

:(

I don't have much personal bonding experience, but I know many people have success with less space, but occasionally more space works too. I guess whatever seems to work for your bunnies is what really works :p Probably being outside, in a totally new and neutral environment, helped a lot too.

Latest posts

Back