Bonding The Buns - HELP!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parsnipandtoffee

Reaction score
As you probably knowwe started bondingthe boys last weeks and I started a thread and posted some lovelypictures of the boys looking like the best of friends.

As it was all going so well we decided to move to a different location (BIG BIG mistake)

It all went swimmingly for about 10 minutes then Toffee flipped out andstarted attacking Parsnip, it was like a scene from a war film, I havenever seen anything so ferocious in my life :(

I split them up and got bitten really hard and quite bad on my hand formy efforts :XParsnip looked terrified and the toffee monsterjust carried on going mental under a bathtowel for a few minutes tillhe calmed down.

We didn't do any bonding the next day but we tried again (back in theoriginal location) this morning, it seemed fine, Toffs did bite Parsniponce but it was nothing like the psycho rabbit from the bathroom.

I've read all the links and literatureyou directed me to but I'm still confuzzled.

PLEASE can anyone give me some advice, am I doing it right, should Ilet them bond on the spare bed fro a long time before trying to movethem again. I'm scared that toffee will kill parsnip if we move themagain.:shock:

Please ..... just remember that all rabbits ...just like all dogs, cats, people ... are not going to getalong. And these bunnies willlive nice lives being loved by the human in theirlives. It's cute to see bonded,but it is not necessary for a happy life for the rabbit.

If they're fine in the original location, keepbonding them there. Make sure they're getting along verywell, no nips or fur pulling at all and lots of grooming/cuddles,and consistently (every time for at least several days if notmore) before you move them again. Take everything reallyslow, and when you move them again be prepared with thick leathergloves and be ready to pull them apart if need be.

And just like Dolores said, not all rabbits will get along.Two boys makes it less likely, unfortunately. Be careful.

Thankyou,

We are all taking the next step very very slowly. Unfortunately thelocation of spare bedroom seemed like a good option at first but nowthe prospect of sitting in it for 3 hours each night watching the boysmight be a little difficult! Oh well the world cup starts soon; myboyfriend can sit in with the boys and watch as many games as he wantsto!!!

I know that we don't HAVE to bond the boys and we love them both asthey are but unfortunately our parents don't live nearby and so we goto visit for the weekend quite often and taking 2 hutches and runs inthe car is impossible. So if they can share a home for the weekend lifewill be a whole lot simpler! Otherwise they will have to go in bunnykennels which is not really what I'd like to do with them because ithink it would stress them and it's so expensive!

Latest posts

Back