Bonding sibling bunnies..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nandi

Reaction score
Hi,

Really glad I found this site.
I have 2 sibling rabbits (Florida whites if my search is correct) that I adopted when they were very young. One is female (Yellow) and other is male (Green). They are currently 8months old and I had them both spayed/neutered more than 2months ago. They were really close when they were younger but after being advised to separate them when they started mating I'm struggling to get them to bond again. Although I do think this has partly to do with me being an anxious mother, I've tried getting them to bond in a pen but what ends up happening is that Green tries to mount Yellow and initially she'll sit quietly but then she'll then stomp her feet then try to run from Green. I have very limited knowledge on bonding rabbits and I don't know if this is normal behaviour. I get really anxious when Yellow stomps her feet and I don't know if I'm separating them prematurely.

They don't stay in cages/pens but are in separate rooms so I get worried that they get lonely.

could anyone help me with the basics of bonding rabbits. I'm pretty sure I'm struggling/failing 😔

You can just search up "bonding" in the forum search and read other posts. Different people have different solutions so you miight find a post that best describes yours!

Latest posts

Back