Bonding setup and territories.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I will be working at adding a lady friend for my neutered guy. I posted earlier about age matches, but I am not going to worry about the ages. I have researched and given a lot of advise on "dating" & such, but not really sure what to do in my setup. My male if a full house bun day & night. When it comes dating time, I do have some neutral areas (like a storage room, garage etc)to do "dates" when that time comes...but its not anywhere I would house a bun. If I just set up an enclosure NEXT to my guy now, isn't he just going to be frustrated & territorial& aggressive bc she will be in his "space" since his space is the whole house? He actually doesn't have a CLOSED enclosure at all, he does have a cage with a ramp which is where his hay & water bottle is (His litter box isn't even up there.) Should I still locate her next to this? or should I locate her somewhere else not RIGHT NEXT to him - but somewhere he can go & see & sniff through a (DOUBLE) pen? Or is it a matter of letting him get used to the fact she will be there next to him & just go for that? I know before bonding she needs to be spayed too. I assume she should be spayed before introducing her even NEXT to him?

Latest posts

Back