Bonding Resources

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Hollands

Reaction score
I'm looking for some bonding-related website articles / videos to help educate people who buy pairs / trios from me, a breeder!

3 bunnies in a pod on youtube have three bunny sisters un-neutered, maybe 5 months old. All live together. I would maybe direct them to that channel. Obviously you have to get them spayed once they are off age

I'm looking for some bonding-related website articles / videos to help educate people who buy pairs / trios from me, a breeder!
Are you breeding just to sell as pets?
If so,...
Are you (or how are you) making sure that buyers aren't going to turn around and breed them -- adding to the burden of rabbit rescues?

Are you having them fixed before selling? Or requiring proof that they get them fixed within a certain time period?

OR are you selling pedigreed rabbits to other breeders?

If so,...
Are you (or how are you) making sure that buyers aren't going to turn around and breed them -- adding to the burden of rabbit rescues?

Are you having them fixed before selling? Or requiring proof that they get them fixed within a certain time period?

I know you didn’t ask me, most breeders require people to sign contracts, I don’t know if that holds any actual value. Just thought I’d mention it

Yes, the majority of my rabbits sold are for pets because they carry the Vienna (blue-eye) gene. I occasionally do show-quality litters, too. However, I also sell for therapy companions (ESA's) and to a few approved breeders.

I only sell same-sex pairs, unless we have a neuter / spay contract! Regardless of gender (or quantity), all buyers neuter / spay once old enough.

I've never really had experience selling multiple bunnies to one breeder, but if I did I'd make sure they were not related in any way.

...that being said, I really don't feel like I need to defend myself. It was just a simple question for resources. My adoption application is an extensive, two-page application on my website. Breeders have to fill out an additional application before getting approved. 😊

...that being said, I really don't feel like I need to defend myself. It was just a simple question for resources. My adoption application is an extensive, two-page application on my website. Breeders have to fill out an additional application before getting approved. 😊

That's great. Don't take offense. Aside from me not knowing (or remembering) whether or not you had considered these questions, there are others who will see this thread in the future and they may not have given consideration to those topics. We would want any future wannabe breeders to give thought to those questions.

Latest posts

Back