bonding questions!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi, i have two rabbits (m&f) who i've just started bonding today. as far as i can see, it's going really well and i was just curious as to what does it mean when rabbits do this position:E7FC3743-D0D1-4557-8DE2-E59DE45300C2.jpeg 88C7B31A-3E18-4789-A95C-564161991701.jpeg
it seemes like a good sign and they've been doing it a lot, so if anyone knows the actual meaning of it i'd appreciate if you let me know :))

Actually, when they do that, keep a close eye. It looks to me like a standoff. When one rabbit puts its head down in front of the other, it is a request to be groomed. The one putting the head down is wanting to be dominant ("do my bidding"). So if they are both doing it, and neither one is willing to give in and start licking the other, they could get frustrated and begin fighting.

If one grooms the other, that's great. Hopefully, then, the other will return the favor. It's considered a standoff if neither is willing to give in..

(I assume they are both fixed?)

Actually, when they do that, keep a close eye. It looks to me like a standoff. When one rabbit puts its head down in front of the other, it is a request to be groomed. The one putting the head down is wanting to be dominant ("do my bidding"). So if they are both doing it, and neither one is willing to give in and start licking the other, they could get frustrated and begin fighting.

If one grooms the other, that's great. Hopefully, then, the other will return the favor. It's considered a standoff if neither is willing to give in..

(I assume they are both fixed?)
yes, they are both fixed! they do the pose a lot but i've seen the male(lionhead) groom the female(flop) quite a lot too so i guess that's a good sign!

Latest posts

Back