Bonding question

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Devi

Reaction score
I am thinking of rescuing a rabbit pair. Their a 3 yr old fixed male/female bonded pair. And I was wondering what are the risks of trying to bond a third to their already established bond. And is trio bonding possible and how would one go about doing it?

Blue eyes

Staff member
Reaction score
Introducing a third rabbit to an existing pair always runs the risk of breaking the established bond. It's practically impossible to have a trio with more than one male. Some have had success bonding trios of all females or 2 females and 1 male.

The general thought is that trios are very difficult to achieve and (as already stated) run the risk of breaking the existing bond. I can't speak for how to go about attempting it since I have not had success with a trio (though I've tried). Any bonding info I've read said it can't be done. But I know there are one or two RO members who have bonded multiples.

Reaction score
We just did that with our 2 male bonded pair and added a female. They are all very good friends and bonded very well. I would just advise to do it slowly through some gates and fences first and then allow them supervised time until you figure out if it's a trio that will get along.Our three our best buddies and do everything together. In my avatar the female is in the middle. Lucky girl gets 2 boys to herself.