Bonding Problems

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My two year old female dwarf recently lost her partner. I adopted another two year old female dwarf for companionship from the Humane Society. This new rabbit has not bonded with another rabbit before and probably did not have much human contact although she will let you hold her when you can catch her. Kept cages together for one week. Introduced them two days ago in neutral territory and the fur flew. Tried the bathtub which was slightly better. I think my rabbit would like to try the grooming but the new female is too nervous. When one is in the her cage and the other one out in the open both often will sit next to the rabbit in the cage. My question is do we keep trying or would it be better to return the new rabbit to the Humane Society so an individual who just wants one bunny can adopt her? I want to do right by both rabbits. Thoughts...?

My two year old female dwarf recently lost her partner. I adopted another two year old female dwarf for companionship from the Humane Society. This new rabbit has not bonded with another rabbit before and probably did not have much human contact although she will let you hold her when you can catch her. Kept cages together for one week. Introduced them two days ago in neutral territory and the fur flew. Tried the bathtub which was slightly better. I think my rabbit would like to try the grooming but the new female is too nervous. When one is in the her cage and the other one out in the open both often will sit next to the rabbit in the cage. My question is do we keep trying or would it be better to return the new rabbit to the Humane Society so an individual who just wants one bunny can adopt her? I want to do right by both rabbits. Thoughts...?
Maybe you should give them some time... Your bunny will reflect if she needs a partner... If she's happy alone let her be.. Because mine is single

Latest posts

Back