Bonding my rabbits update/questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BB03

Reaction score
I've been bonding my two females for about 20 days now and so much has happened!!!! I'm pretty impressed, but there is some behavior that is leaving me confused. My two females are both grooming eachother which is GREAT!!!! But... my oldest likes to nip the other one ALL the time to the point fur is getting pulled (happening everyday). I'm hoping this will decrease over time bc its really excessive. Theres also alot of head nudging (which is normal) and my oldest tends to give in and groom the younger which I'm thinking she might be the submissive one. But I'm just not sure if they established that yet? Because my oldest is nipping excessively and sometimes lunges. I've been feeding them together as well... but ran into a problem. When my bunnies are waiting for their food my youngest tries to mount the older one... ONLY when they think they're getting treats or veggies. I'm not sure if I should break this up or let it happen. There hasn't been major fights they also sleep next to eachother at times. I even ran a quick errand and when I came back they were perfectly fine. I still dont think their ready yet to be left alone 24/7. once bonded I plan to let them free roam my room. So I really hope they become bonded!!! But I just want any advice about the nipping and mounting 😊

Also! When they're nudging heads my older rabbit will groom my youngest, but then all of a sudden my older rabbit will nip my youngest! It's a love hate relationship at this point 😂

Latest posts

Back