Bonding more than 2 rabbits.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerchick

Reaction score
First off, i am aware that if i can't bond them, they will just have to live seperately. but i think will be benefits to both rabbits and me if i was able to bond some rabbits together....

i have 7 rabbits,

--Hank and Sophie live together (male and female) (new zealand and Lop)
--Wanda and Moose live together (female and male) (Both rexes)
--Dayl (flemish giant) used to live with hank and sophie but couldn't bond her back after her spaying recovery, so she now lives alone
--Mille is a tiny dwarf, just had her spayed, she is very hyper and agressive
--Peggie, who is now "pete" took him in for a spay and turns out hes male haha, he is a little holland lop.

would i be better off to try to bond Millie and Pete together? or should i try to bond them seperately (Millie to the mini rexes, and Pete to my new zealand and lop)

i am going to be waiting until millie and pete both heal completely before i try anything....but i would like to hear peoples opinions on this, all my other rabbits are spayed and neutered...

also, has anyone got experience on warrens of rabbits living together (3+) is it possible if they are all spayed and neutered?

i seemed to be so lucky bonding hank and sophie, and wanda and moose, and any attempts after that haven't been good.... will neutering and spaying change behaviours they already do??

I have four buns living in two pair, but all four will play together with supervision. Cinderella will sometimes nip at Becky (particularly around food) so they can't all live together all the time.

Once they are all healed from getting fixed I would just try out various parings in a neutral territory to get a feel of what they think of each other. Rabbits tend to be clear about who they like or dislike.

Perhaps you can make a trio of Dayl, Millie, and Pete? I would start chatting them up about the possibilities :)

I am having up & down success with my trio.

I am trying in the back of my car boot with my three bunnies (another Millie), with a bonded pair Harrell & Maggie. This is the only neutral territory that does not smell of the house! We have rubbed a bit of banana on the girls heads to get them to eat/lick. Car journeys can help bond them through the shared stress.

To add a curve ball, Millie and Harrell were bonded successfully as a result of earlier efforts, but Maggie and Millie are not....they snipe and bite and fight!! Maggie has lived with Harrell for over a year so could be jealous. The girls are an issue but Harrell gets on with them great seperately.

It's a long process but I agree it will be to everybunnies benefit in the long run.

Latest posts

Back