Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leaf823

Reaction score
I am in the process of bonding my two rabbits. An older female and a younger male. The male is fixed and the female is not. The bonding has been going well so far however, when the younger male grooms my older female he seems to be pulling too hard. I noticed this after I saw the female had a couple bald spots around her eyes. It doesn't bother the female and she doesn't react. I took her too the vet just to be sure that it wasn't natural hair loss and it wasn't. Was wondering if anyone had any insight or an experience similar?
Thanks!

I would get her spayed just to be safe. The bond might be harder until then. I would allow him to groom her, but not as often. If you see he is pulling fur spray him with a spray bottle. I suggest the video below to everyone who is having trouble bonding. The link is to @Blue eyes blog. She explains the bonding process very well.

https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/bonding-bunnies.html

Uhm, I disagree in some points. Spaying or not was not the question, rabbits are social animals, that's not something spaying creates. Granted, the life and social interactions of intact rabbits can be more "interesting" ;), and things like marking don't go well with indoor pet rabbits.

I would be careful with messing up their social interactions by punishing them for doing what is a great thing to do. Sounds counterintuitive. If you see him overgrooming her, I would distract them with food or treats, or join in and petting both.

Latest posts

Back