Bonding a rabbit with a head tilt

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flemish giant

Reaction score
Has anyone ever bonded a bunny with a head tilt? Petey is 7 years old and developed a head tilt that has not gone away with treatment. I was just wondering if anyone has ever bonded a bunny with a disability like this and if there’s anything I need to look out for or any tips.

My female, Furgie, who’s probably 2 or so lost her bond mate a couple of weeks ago. He had a heart attack according to necropsy results. I think they may benefit from each other’s company, but I’m also worried about the age difference. Furgie isn’t super active like a younger bunny so I don’t think she will bother him too much. Petey is part Flemish Giant though so I don’t know how much longer he will be with us so would that be cruel to bond them knowing he may only have a couple years left?

Well I tried it. They did not like each other. Furgie was so easily bonded to Furgus that I thought she would go right to Petey but she was not liking him. I think the head tilt made it more difficult because she would present her head to him, but I don’t think he could groom her if he wanted to unfortunately.

Petey also seemed very stressed. He started breathing really hard so I don’t think I’m going to attempt that again. It’s unfortunate because Furgie does so much better with a mate. I adopted her from a rescue where she was found outside with little human contact, so she doesn’t like me very much despite my best efforts (she actually bit me trying to coax her out of the cage which she has never done before).

I guess I’ll give it awhile and maybe take her back to the rescue to go on dates eventually.

Has anyone ever bonded a bunny with a head tilt? Petey is 7 years old and developed a head tilt that has not gone away with treatment. I was just wondering if anyone has ever bonded a bunny with a disability like this and if there’s anything I need to look out for or any tips.

My female, Furgie, who’s probably 2 or so lost her bond mate a couple of weeks ago. He had a heart attack according to necropsy results. I think they may benefit from each other’s company, but I’m also worried about the age difference. Furgie isn’t super active like a younger bunny so I don’t think she will bother him too much. Petey is part Flemish Giant though so I don’t know how much longer he will be with us so would that be cruel to bond them knowing he may only have a couple years left?

Hi,
I just bonded a 11weeks ald Teddylop with a 6 year old Lionhead. I slept next to them, in case there is a problem, but they seem to like each other. No chargibg, no grunting, it just works well

Latest posts

Back