Bonding 2 spayed female rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cryosin

Reaction score
Any tips on this?? Is it a bad idea for me to adopt another female rabbit? I keep hearing bad things about how hard it is to bond 2 females. Please let me know before I commit to another girl!

First off, do you have a female rabbit? If so how old is she? Has she been spayed? How long ago was the surgery? Is it possible that you could get a male partner instead, as male/female partnerships tend to work well? Also if you get another female will she be spayed and had 2-3 months to recover? Is there any chance to have a pre-screening with the female you are looking to adopt, that way you could try to see if they are compatible?

If two females have been spayed it is possible they are able to bond, however there is a chance that if it doesn't work then they will have to live separately is that something you are open to?

Hope all goes well <3

If you find a spayed female at a rabbit rescue, then they typically allow you to prescreen for potential compatibility by having your girl meet some other potentials. The advantage of going through a rabbit rescue (as opposed to a generic shelter) is that they typically allow an exchange if one potential ends up not bonding with yours. This is the best way to find a compatible match.

Here is more from my website on bonding:
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/bonding-bunnies.html

Latest posts

Back