Bonded Rabbits Fighting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoosePenelope

Reaction score
Hi!

I have two fixed rabbits, a 3 year old Holland Lop male and a 2 year old Lionhead female. I bonded both myself after they had both been fixed. They are the best of friends but in the last 4 months, the male has started to hump the female constantly. This has happened very rarely in the past but when it has, the female has been the submissive one and it stopped very quickly. But now she growls and thumps at him while boxing his face away. This leads him to try to mount her even more aggressively and often. It's gotten so bad that I need to seperate them at night in their pen so they can both eat and get some sleep. I've tried a number of things to break this habit including change of location (have had them boarded and under supervision), cleaning their pen and reaaranging toys, letting them roam in different parts of the house, seperating and bringing back together etc.

I'm hoping for some guidance as I'm stuck and I'm not sure what to do!

Thank you,
Samantha

Did anything happen in the last while that could of brought this behaviour on?

Holland lops are the "testosterone kings" of the rabbit world. Yours seems to forgotten he's neutered! I once had an active male with 3 spayed does. One of the does he really respect Ted as his friend

And never mounted because that's how she behaved with him.

Latest posts

Back