Quantcast

Bonded Rabbit Humping

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

atlantis

Reaction score
I have two rabbits, they’ve been living together since 2015, so they’re definitely bonded, but today my male rabbit started humping my female rabbits face. This is a new behavior that I have not seen him do. They are both neutered. I tried searching around but most of what I found was when they’re in the process of bonding. I have them separated right now because I didn’t want him to get injured when she tells him to stop. Any advice or help would be really appreciated.

Blue eyes

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would let them back together. Just keep a close eye. You don't want their separation to cause further problems.

It could just be a one-off kind of thing. Either he or she may just be feeling a bit off today. Given their long history, it's likely not a big deal. Monitor them and see how they do.

I had a long-bonded pair start to tussle once out of the blue and it concerned me too. Ended up being a one time occurrence and they were fine afterwards. Granted, it kept me on edge for a bit, but I kept an eye on them and they settled down.

Latest posts