Bonded pair don’t hang out with each other.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmie

Reaction score
Hey everyone this may be a dumb question. Lol I have a bonded male and female. They totally love each other. But they always seem to be apart. Especially during free roam. Sometimes he’s hanging out in the xpen while she’s hanging out under the bed or in the kitchen. Two rooms apart. It’s just confusing I guess because everything you read says they can Never be apart or their bond might break? They separate themselves so what difference does it make i guess is what I’m asking. And why do they not hang out with each other. Perplexed. Lol.

It isn't common, but it does happen that a pair chooses to spend large chunks of time apart. This isn't the same as separating them, say, for a trip outside or to the store or vet. In that case, the returning rabbit will have all kinds of different scents on them which can make them seem unfamiliar to the bun that stayed home. That is what can cause bonding issues.

It isn't common, but it does happen that a pair chooses to spend large chunks of time apart. This isn't the same as separating them, say, for a trip outside or to the store or vet. In that case, the returning rabbit will have all kinds of different scents on them which can make them seem unfamiliar to the bun that stayed home. That is what can cause bonding issues.
Yeah that makes sense. I didn’t think of the smells. It’s just funny that it seems like the honeymoon is over and they need time apart. Lol. Just like all of us quarantined spouses. Lo

Latest posts

Back