Bonded bunny won't stop chasing it's other half

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbfrombcn

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have 2 female bunnies (Boulette and Phuket ) that have bonded 6 months ago, they love each other, there are always licking each other and all happy.
I also have a 3rd female bunny (Dumbito) since 3 months, that for now stays in a different room but still come and see them, and they both like to lick her from time to time but mainly leave her alone.
But since four days ago one of the bonded female (Boulette) started to chase the other (Phuket) very very often, like every 20 minutes, and the other one runs always very very fast and go to hide from her.
Phuket no longer let Boulette approach.
We have not change anything in the house, nor food and I cannot think about why is this happening and what I should do ?
For now I keep the agressive one in my room ...
Any help would be much apreciated :)

ps : of course I post photos of them :)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-05-27 at 12.21.06.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-05-27 at 12.21.06.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 4
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-05-17 at 11.17.29.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-05-17 at 11.17.29.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20200427_220821.jpg
    IMG_20200427_220821.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 4
none of them are sprayed, rabbit is now a year and a half old
(and I have just noticed that the word is actually spayed ahahaha)

This is because there's a new rabbit and they will need some extra work this happens pretty often that when you get third rabbit it breaks the existing bonded pair. So best would be get all them fixed of course it would make things easier (you'd need to wait about one months or a bit longer after that so hormones calm down), or you can try bonding unfixed that might be more difficult especially if you don't have much experience but it is not impossible.

There you can find some video on youtube about bonding trios there was an excellent one from mypamperedpets I've posted somewhere on this site previously but have to go now and hopefully someone else can give you some links here or you can use search in the right top corner on this site

ahhh! I actually did not think of this, as the new one has been freely roaming with them since 3 months, but I guess it's the same than with human beings :)
Time to bond again then! We're going to try and see how it goes!

So how old is this new female? If you had her from she was 3 months she was probably just like a baby and they accepted her but now she's probably changing, changing her smell she is more like a female now so they see her as a competitor, that's why

the new female was a baby, she was one month old when we got her end of February, so yes I can imagine that she is becoming a female, and Boulette is now jealous!
I have checked the trio bonding video but it's not really the same situation as the 3rd rabbit was already there.
But I will go back to bonding the three, I'll check what's best!

check out this video of bonding five, this is hardcore

in the end, after another 3 days she started to take hay and nest ... so I guess she was having false pregnancy
good news is that on the next day she stopped nesting and came back to normal, she is still a little more chasing than before but it's all normal.
Thank god for my poor rabbits :)🥰

Latest posts

Back