BOB awards, what works, what doesn't?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCWelch

Reaction score
Help! I am my local club's awards committee for 2013 and beyond. I have been given the task of finding BOB awards of some sort in the range of $2.50 to $3.00 each.

I desperately need suggestions and ideas. I cannot even find a nice trophy that is that inexpensive unless we order 500, that will last us for a lot of years and break our budget.

The items that were gotten 2 years ago in that price range are no longer in that price range, I may have to ask them to increase the per item spending amount.

We have done personalized bags and aprons the past 2 years, I have no idea what they did before because I was not a club member and I was not showing rabbits at that time.

The personalized bags and aprons sound like a really nice prize.

How about a nice small photo album or notebook, nice photo frame, coffee cup, water bottle.

Regarding price, economy is making everything more expensive.

Wishing you luck in finding the awards. Congratulations on your new position too.

K :)

Thanks, What do you all think of Ceramic Ornaments? We put our club logo on the front and show info on the back. They are about 3" and come in round and diamond shape.

I have presented the ideas to the club, they love the coin and the coffee mug. They are iffy on the ornament because they don't get displayed year around.

CCWelch wrote:
I have presented the ideas to the club, they love the coin and the coffee mug. They are iffy on the ornament because they don't get displayed year around.
Be perfectly honest, I would go with the coffee mug myself. Have done promotional things for my husband's business and people loved the coffee mugs. They do get displayed on people's desks and at home.

Shame about the ornament, but the club is being realistic. You do want to have it displayed more than once a year.

Hope you post the finished project. Would love to see what you all choose.

Nancy McClelland wrote:
All the other ideas aside, I used to go hit the "Dollar Store" when we needed to get items as awards and didn't have a federal subsidy for our budget.

Dollar Store is a good idea for some bulk little items.

Federal subsidy? lol Never been part of a federal subsidy so don't know what kind of budget they would have. But I wouldn't get a federal subsidy anyway, I know how to NOT waste money and get by with less and succeed to boot. lol.

Actually I found coffee mugs at bargainmugs.com that with our logo work out to less than $2 each!
That will probably be what we go with because now I found out I have to do BOB, BOS, BIS, and RIS (We are doing Cavies too)

We do not have a federal subsidy but we will find something nice, and yes, I will post it here!

So, they loved the coffee mug idea, then our treasurer dropped the ball and didn't get them ordered. Someone at the meeting popped up with a medallion that had our info on it and was done locally, it was more expensive but she chipped in $100-guess who is going to tell them to stuff it next time they want prizes....this girl thats who.

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Rabbit Forum mobile app

Some of the clubs around us are testing out giving a payback to BOB winners and up. Personally, $8 for BOB seems pretty cheap...I don't know whether I like it or not.

The Great Lakes club in Michigan gave away water bottles customized with the award name and the club logo for BOB/BOS at their June show and I think they told me in bulk they were only a couple dollars each.

Latest posts

Back