Boarding Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kricket

Reaction score
Can anyone give me details on boardingbunnies? Perhaps it depends on the facility that is doing theboarding, but will they excerise the buns? Feed them freshgreens and handle them daily? That is if the greens, hay andpellets are supplied?

Every boarding facility is different. Most willlet you come in beforehand and take a look around and ask questions.Like anything, don't be afraid to shop around.

Have you ever boarded, Stephanie? I feel SO bad about having to do this :(

We had to board Floppy a few times this summer(for the wedding and then the honeymoon). He did fine, thoughI had some problems (a little bit of seperation anxiety):). We took him to the vets for boarding and he became acelebrity. I'd call and check on him and someone would havehim out walking him around the clinic.

They must have thought I was a total, paranoid nutty person when ibrought him in there though. I've got a laminated bunny caresheet that I attached to the cage (last time he was boarded I found hiscare notes in the bottom of his bag--I don't think anyone looked atthem). He also had some issues with small poopsright before we left, so I was worried aboutstasis. Of course this means I brought some pumpkin andpineapple. They also gave him greens everyday that I provided.

I brought everything from his bunny basket, just in case.They got a kick out of my ziploc bag full of ready-to-go toilet papertubes with hay.

I had some serious guilt issues after leaving him, especially after thesmall poops, but they took really good care of him (even got him to eatthe pumpkin). They let me set him up in his cage (he stayedin the cat cages) and get him comfy.

Beckers wrote:
We had to board Floppy a few times this summer (for thewedding and then the honeymoon). He did fine, though I hadsome problems (a little bit of seperation anxiety):). We took him to the vets for boarding and he became acelebrity. I'd call and check on him and someone would havehim out walking him around the clinic.

They must have thought I was a total, paranoid nutty person when ibrought him in there though. I've got a laminated bunny caresheet that I attached to the cage (last time he was boarded I found hiscare notes in the bottom of his bag--I don't think anyone looked atthem). He also had some issues with small poopsright before we left, so I was worried aboutstasis. Of course this means I brought some pumpkin andpineapple. They also gave him greens everyday that I provided.

I brought everything from his bunny basket, just in case.They got a kick out of my ziploc bag full of ready-to-go toilet papertubes with hay.

I had some serious guilt issues after leaving him, especially after thesmall poops, but they took really good care of him (even got him to eatthe pumpkin). They let me set him up in his cage (he stayedin the cat cages) and get him comfy.

Good job! When I had to leave Star at the vet for a whole daydue to an Ivermec OD or something along those lines, I was so paranoidand I did almost all of the same stuff you did ;)

The vet hugged me and laughed and asked if I would adopt her and take care of her the same way :D

By the way, Beckers, did you guilt ever subside? Were youable to enjoy your vacation? I have a feeling I won't be ableto stop thinking about them, and the guilt will KILL me! :(

Latest posts

Back