Blue?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvdutchrabbbits90

Reaction score
This just hit me. Father is a smoke pearl. Their is 4 in the litter1 REW 1 Sable Point 1 Broken smoke pearl and one smoke pearl who i now think is blue. I kept on thinking why is he so dark next too his father? Its because hes a blue! Am i correct?

And here is his Sire Sugar Daddy.

3996529.jpg

Hmm...then a real blue isn't possible...the only colors possible from a siamese sable and a smoke pearl, when you know that both carry for REW and sable point, are siamese sable, seal, sable point, smoke pearl, REW, and an oddball color.

The oddball color would have the shading genes AND tort genes, so I /think/ it might come out looking blue...but I would expect it's color to change quite a bit over its lifespan, and it probably doesn't have a proper undercolor. Although when I think about it, I'm thinking that the oddball color should actually come out looking like a blue sable point...

Since those colors are all temperature-sensitive, maybe just watch for it to correct its color with the season...I'd guess it's probably a smoke pearl genetically, and it's just darker because the dad carries for REW, and the shading gene is incompletely dominant, while this kit probably got the double shade gene, which comes out darker (essentially a blue seal).

Latest posts

Back